Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Underseat enclosures

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 12:57 AM
jeffs night out
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Underseat enclosures

Hey folks! I've got an '01 ram 1500 Xcab, and also happen to have 2 12" kicker L7s... I have them both in the kicker enclosures as well, at the moment, which are ridiculously huge and way a good 60 pounds each. The problem with the L7s is that they are probably near 7" in depth. The other problem is that I can't find a custom enclosure for under the rear seats anywhere. I was just curious if any of you knew any sites or stores (very prefferably in the tri-state are) that sold them. You can get custom enclosures at circuit city or some place, but they're not deep enough for the L7s. Also, I'm not sure how much free air they need. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Old 11-02-2005, 04:41 PM
supergenius
Record Breaker
Default RE: Underseat enclosures

you'd probably be better off building your own.

Old 11-03-2005, 12:09 PM
jeffs night out

I think I'm going to end up having to do that. Been out of school too long to remember how to measure volume on a non square, though Actually It just popped into my head, so never mind! Now I need to figure out whether to go fiberglass or wood. Buddy of mine works at lowes and gets supplys real cheap either way. Any suggestions?

Old 11-04-2005, 02:26 AM
ddog737374
Professional

if you go to the subs website they tell you the best size to put the subs in, and it is inportent (IT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE FROM HARD HITTING TO SOUNDING LIKE CRAP) and their is a really good kind of wood to use i cant rember the name but i use plywood sounds the same and ALOT cheeper. Im also not a big fan on fiberglass, just to thin for me the whole point to make a deep BOOM is sound vibration from vibrating off walls and objects (one more thing to think about for the best sound leave your seats up i made a box for under my seats and when it was down it sounded muffled (witch it was) but other then that its easy!

Old 11-04-2005, 05:34 AM
2big2dodge
Professional

i had to buy a dual sub box for mine and cut it in half to make 2 single boxes, and then i had to chop it down because of how and where i wanted to put them. it was really easy to do, just 2 likes 1hr to saw it in half cuz i had to use a hand saw or it would had got messed up.

Quick Reply: Underseat enclosures