Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Front Factory speakers wont work!?!?!

Old 11-04-2005, 12:03 PM
llama_79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Factory speakers wont work!?!?!

I recently got a 98 RAM 1500 and the only speakers that will work are the rear two. The front door speakers and the tweaters won't work. I took one of the door speakers out and looked at it. It looks fine, but it still won't work. Anyone else have this problem, or any help? It would be appreciated!!!

Old 11-04-2005, 01:53 PM
hpdr345
Default RE: Front Factory speakers wont work!?!?!

this could be cause by a couple of things. 1). If you using a factory HU you may have a channel bad in your HU. 2) if your truck has trhe infinity stereo you could possibly have a bad channel in you factory amp. One thing that you could try is to remove the front speaker and connect it to the rear wiring harness just to see if the speaker works. If so I would look at the HU or the amp if present.

Dustin

Old 11-04-2005, 10:53 PM
llama_79
Default RE: Front Factory speakers wont work!?!?!

I will have to try that. It is not the factory head unit tho. Its just a normal CD player.

Ok, tried it. The wiring was completely different on the rear speakers. But on the back of the rear speakers in says Infinity. So its probably the amp? If so, where is the amp?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front Factory speakers wont work!?!?!