Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

97 ram. Guidance replacing the infinity amp with precision power 200w please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 01:49 PM
rebar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 ram. Guidance replacing the infinity amp with precision power 200w please.

Hello everyone, new around here.

My stock 1.5 din radio's volume **** is acting crazy, then the sound slowly fades away. After unhooking and rehooking the batteries, it works again. Regardless if it's the head unit or amp, I want to replace both of them with some old school gear Iv had since new.

Concord CD2
Precision power PPI-4200AM
DB Drive SPA 1250.1

Does anyone have or know where I can see a wiring diagram? Ive heard the infinity amp is behind the glove box, and that I need to remove the individual amps mounted on the speakers. Why a master amp, and then more amps on the speakers?

Anyway, my plan is to use the infinity speakers but use a cross over and only send high's to them. Then send the lows to the DB Drive SPA 1250.1 which will power subs under the seat.

I'm tempted to pull new speaker wires to the infinity speakers if I cant find a good correct wiring diagram, because I have to bypass the speaker mounted infinity amps anyway.

Thanks!

Old 10-28-2018, 10:16 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Quick Reply: 97 ram. Guidance replacing the infinity amp with precision power 200w please.