Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

iPod Direct Integration

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 07:29 PM
bmxox
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod Direct Integration

I dont know if this has been posted before but I found a direct integration kit for chrysler/dodge vehicles. They also make them for others. I'm not trying to advertise this product or anything but I got it for christmas and its great. Took less than 15 minutes to install and all my songs on my ipod play crystal clear through the stock stereo in my truck. Your radio must be able to connect an external cd changer for it to work as thats how the ipod will connect to the head unit. No more FM transmitters that dont work. Just google "peripheral electronics" or check out a best buy.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:39 AM
whyte69
Veteran
Default RE: iPod Direct Integration

what's it called? I've seen one before, it's called the iCruze. It's made by Monster, the same guys who make audio/video cable.

Old 12-29-2005, 10:21 PM
bmxox
Professional

Icruze is like 300, its works the exact same way though. The box just says Ipod2car and its made by peripheral electronics and it was $200. I havnt had any problems so far, I do kinda wish it would display track names on the radio but it does not. Icruze has that display thing but its an extra $100 and then you have to mount that thing somewhere, when you can actually just look at the ipod to see whats playing, so its not that big of a deal.

Old 12-30-2005, 12:09 AM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

You could have got the Harman Kardon drive and play for $200 and it comes with the display and a controller to got through the items. It is capabable of both line inut or wireless. Here it is at crutchfields.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-jfACIwd...lay&i=108DP1US

Old 12-30-2005, 10:46 PM
bmxox
Professional

^^ but I dont see the point in cluttering up the dash with all that, I mean the ipod already mounts somewhere, and its got a display on it already, why do you really need another display mounted somewhere and then with that you also have the extra controller, which again just push the buttons on the ipod. And with that you also need another $30 fm modulator to make it work in the vehicle.

Old 12-30-2005, 10:51 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: bmxox

And with that you also need another $30 fm modulator to make it work in the vehicle.
No you don't. The brain has the modulator.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:27 AM
bmxox
Professional

I didnt see it listed and just assumed since it was under accesories that it wasnt included.

Old 01-27-2006, 02:08 PM
cbsaint
Rookie

Can I ask how many songs you have on your iPod playing through the Direct Connection box? I've been thinking about either getting one of these or a new head unit that is iPod ready. From all the feedback I've read, the response time can be very slow when you're trying to scroll through albums, artists, genres, etc. It gets worse the more songs on your iPod. I have around 10,000.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:53 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

Are you asking about the harman one? I have about 3000 songs and still growing. I am still downloading all my cd's to my computer.
Yes, I will agree that is can be slow sometimes. And have to hit the button 2 times to get it to go. But when I first got it I only had a about a hundred songs on it, and it hasn't gotten slower from 100 to 3000. I can't comment on the Head Unit route because I haven't used one like that.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:08 PM
psirix

Do you have any pictures of it in your car? I want to see how it looks connected. Is there a lot of wiring to hide and stuff?

Quick Reply: iPod Direct Integration