Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

im having trouble instaling aftermarket stereo

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 01:31 AM
Jaime340
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im having trouble instaling aftermarket stereo

hi guys im having trouble instaling an aftermarket cd player. i have the pioneer 7700 and i bought the wire harnes so i didnt have to cut any wires. the problem is i have the ground and the posotive, but the red wire , the swich (acc) has no were to go. the aftermarket cd player has an (acc) wire but the stock harnes to the magnum dosnt. i ran a wire from the back fuse box and it works but it just seems to getto for the magnum any other car is ok but not the rt. any other ideas could i have the harnes? also is the stock amp separet from the stereo? cuz when it was on non of the speakers worked, i dont even think there was enough wires from the stock harnes to play all speakers. any help would thanx.

jaime 340

Old 01-12-2006, 10:27 PM
mrmeaierotten
Default RE: im having trouble instaling aftermarket stereo

i came on here looking for the same info im installing an after market radio, i have the dash kit and wire harnest. the red wire has no power or acc power when i turned on the key. the wire harnet has two hot leads and i hooked the radio up, i got all the power to the radio working. but no sound.
i dont know if the the magnum rt has a pre amp or amp in it .i got pissed off and put the factory radio back to see if it all works. and its all runing.
so tell me if any one gave you a tip or know where the pre amp is. so i dont have to run all new speaker wire. thank you

Old 01-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Jaime340
Professional

did you hook up the red (acc) wire to the constant power and if so i think the stereo stays on all the time without the key and has to be turned off and on when you get out and in manualy. please let me know

Old 01-13-2006, 10:48 PM
mrmeaierotten

the red wire dont have any juice , the factory plug , to the after market wire harnest has an extra yellow 12+ volts . im thinkin there a pre amp or the factory radio has some kinda relay set up with the acc wire going to the amp, i was going to rip my car apart this weekend, but its going to get really crappy out in new york and im going to wait intill i have a nice warm day again. bythe way did you hookup the blue wire? did you blow a 10 amp fuse to the lighter in the ash tray? also i think some one knows all about the pre amp and is very evil and dont wanna share the info we need.

Old 01-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Jaime340
Professional

no my blue wire is loose and i dont thing i blew any fuses, if you find any info please let me know

Old 01-15-2006, 04:35 AM
theoppositeofsuicide

I had the same problem when I hooked up my stereo. All wires connected and no power. So I finally figured out the the red wire had to be taped in with the postive on the cigarette lighter. So just connect everything with the harness except the red one and get a tap to tie it in with the wire for the cigarette lighter. Everything works perfectly on mine after I did this. Hope this Helps.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:15 AM
Jaime340
Professional

Thanx ill try it soon me and a couple of other people where having that same problem, but where exacly are the wires to the lighter, and did you have sound after that becouse im not the only one who didnt get the speakers to work, no sound. thanx again for your time.

jaime340

Old 01-20-2006, 11:34 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

From the maintenance manual.

OPERATION
The amplifier receives fused battery current from a fuse in the rear Power Distribution Center (PDC) at all times.
The internal circuitry of the amplifier switches the amplifier ON based upon a CAN bus message that is received
from the radio receiver whenever the radio is turned on. The amplifier receives the sound signal inputs from the left
and right rear outputs of the radio, then sends the amplified speaker outputs for each of those channels to the
speakers.

In other words, take out the stock radio and the rest of the stereo is disabled. This is the reason that I stay away from "premimum" radio systems if I know that I am going to upgrade the radio. You have to get one of these AMP BYPASS , this will allow you to power the speakers with the new HU. It is item CHYAH. It may or may not be the right item

Here is the companies website peripheral electronics

[IMG]local://upfiles/2144/0765D4E9A0FA4E9BAD2F47EAB34612D0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Jaime340
Professional

thanx for the information, but is there any other way? can i just run new wire to new speakers and to a aftermarket amp? and where is that stock amp? thanx for your time

Old 02-01-2006, 02:51 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Look at the second pic in the prev post for the location of the stock amp. And yes you can totally bypase the entire stock system by running new wires. That is what I have done(even though I dont have the stock amp).

Quick Reply: im having trouble instaling aftermarket stereo