Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Front door speakers don't work

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 01:49 AM
stratus00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front door speakers don't work

Hello everyone..

I'm new here and was wondering if you guys could help me out. I have a 2000 stratus ES model I recently installed a JVC head unit (are JVC Head units good?) anyways, once I installed the jvc head unit, my front door speakers don't work. Yet the speakers worked just fine when I had the stock radio. I noticed that the previous owner put some speaker wire on them probably because he/she came across the same problem. I tried putting the speaker wire together with the ones for the front channels on the wire harness.... when I touch the wires, the front speakers come on... the moment I turn the volume ***, the entire sound goes dead. To get it to work, I take the extra speaker wires off. i'm wondering if the extra speaker wires are a problem or if there is a way I can put them to good use...... can anyone tell me how I can get all my speakers to work. I would trully appreciate it... thanks

P.S. Heres a dumb question, just to be 100% sure... in the speaker wire, the two colors where clear and blue. which is ground and which is positive? or does it make a difference?... thanks again.

Old 02-11-2006, 03:54 AM
stantheman
Professional
Default RE: Front door speakers don't work

one way to do it is to run an amp and run all new wires to your speakers. but if your gonna run an amp you might as well get some better speakers if they arent already aftermarket. as far as the colors you would have to find out which one is connected to ground. if its not connected then you can make either color ground as long as you remember which one it is. just to try it i would run my own wires to the speakers off the deck, that way you know that the wires are good. try that first before you go off and buy amps and speakers.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:27 AM
moparman04
Captain

THAT MUST BE AUDIOBAHN WIRE YOU GOT ... BLUE IS NEGATIVE CLEAR IS POSITIVE ... HOPE THAT HELPS

Old 03-21-2006, 10:41 PM
SemiHemi
Rookie

ORIGINAL: moparman04

THAT MUST BE AUDIOBAHN WIRE YOU GOT ... BLUE IS NEGATIVE CLEAR IS POSITIVE ... HOPE THAT HELPS
it all depends on how the previous install hooked them up. As long as the + and - are the same color it wont make a difference other than having the front and the rears out of phase. Easiest way to tell is fade them back and forth, if the bass seems to get weaker when in the middle, then one set is out of phase.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:25 AM
Troy_Audi0
Rookie

check for a short?
thats what it sounds like to me if it plays & then shuts down..
just run new wires to the fronts its 1/2 the pain..
Peace troy

Quick Reply: Front door speakers don't work