Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Rattling problem need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 08:30 PM
CenCalNeon98
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling problem need help!

I have a 98 Dodge Neon and just got a Rockford Fosgate setup last weekend, it consists of two 12" P1 subs in an enclosed box and Rockford Fosgate P2002 amp. I have the subs in the trunk facing towards the rear of the car and the amp mounted on one of my fold down back seats. The problem is that my rear view mirror rattles to the bass but if I hold it it stops so I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to the rear view mirror to make it stop rattling? I was thinking about just taking it off but I tend to use it alot while driving so I don't know. Also my trunk rattles alot as well. I've adjusted the latch on it but it still does it. What can I do to stop the rattle, can I just put in some mat or will that work?

Old 02-18-2006, 08:36 PM
shiltz
Captain
Default RE: Rattling problem need help!

When I used to have my 98 neon I had the same problem with the mirror, car was totaled before I ever found a way to stop it, my guess it's just the factory mirrors they put in the neons, posibly an aftermarket mirror might not rattle, I know neither of my cars after the neon had that issue, as for the truck dynamat should stop or reduce the rattling.

Old 02-19-2006, 01:24 AM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

Dynomat will stop the rattleing in the trunk. As far as the mirror goes the best thing you can do is either turn the bass down lol, or just apply a little bit of dynomat for a ****ty lookin fix. Other than that your only option is new mirros.

Old 03-04-2006, 03:11 AM
stantheman
Professional

You will have to excuse me but im not a big fan of fosgate, but that is not what we are talking about. would suggest any kind of sound dampening material for the trunk. dynamat is good and there are others out there too! your mirror, there is no hope for that. just get used to lookin a blurry images behind you. youll eventually get to know whether there is a cop behind you or not, lol. you might also put some on your license plate.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:20 AM
moparman04
Captain

DYNOMAT WILL DO SOME DAMPERING OF THE TRUNK AND DOOR ... BUT AS FAR AS THE MIRRORS NO WAY TO FIX THOSE ... IF YOU FIND A WAY LET ME KNOW FOR SURE !

Old 03-23-2006, 01:57 AM
SemiHemi
Rookie

I constantly have to tighten the mounting screw. I even tried locktight blue, but it vibs still. Most times the problem is that the mounting method of the ball isnt tight. One option is to set the mirror and then through in some epoxy where the ball and the shaft meet. If the problem is the mounting screw, there isnt much to be done other than to keep tightening it. I even had the mirror pop off during a db dragrace, got a few "wows" but a pain since I didnt have an allen wrench to tighten it there on the ride home and got a headache from seeing a blurry pic ahah.

Quick Reply: Rattling problem need help!