Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

1999 Dodge Neon.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Drunkship
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1999 Dodge Neon.

I meant wire the front door component speakers to the head unit and the rear 6x9" speakers to the 2-Channel amplifier. Would that work?

Old 02-22-2006, 04:35 PM
shiltz
Captain

That would work, but the the 6x9's may drown out the sound from the front speakers if the amp has a lot more power than the headunit is putting to the front speakers, which in that case I wouldn't bother with component speakers and just get some 2 way speakers since the sound quality won't matter on them as much with the rears being much louder.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:02 PM
Drunkship
Rookie

So basically what your saying is, get a 4-Channel amplifier and hook all four speakers up to it, or if I'm going to hook the front door speakers up to the head unit, just got with 2-way speakers and don't bother with component speakers?

Well, I guess I'm going to have to get a 4-Channel amp if that's the case, 'cuz I really want component speakers.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:19 PM
shiltz
Captain

Yeah, or your other option is you could stick with a 2 channel amp and get component speakers for both the rear and front, that how I have mine setup, you will lose a little bass that way though since the 6 3/4 will put out a little less bass than the 6x9, though it will be a cleaner sounding bass as oval shaped speakers don't produce as accurate of a sound as round speakers do, if you're planning on adding a sub now or eventualy though then that wouldn't be an issue.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Drunkship
Rookie

I think I decided to go for a better head unit... Boss Audio MP3-3160R

It gets 60 watts by 4 channels instead of 53 like the other. This way I can hook up the component speakers to the built in amplifier on the head unit.

I was thinking about getting an Audiobahn 2-Channel amplifier to support the rear Audiobahn 6x9" speakers. My question is; would this amplifier be sufficient to support the speakers?

Amplifier: Audiobahn A8002T
6x9"s" Audiobahn AS69Q

The amplifier has an RMS wattage of 200 watts x 2 at 4 ohms, and the speakers are 200 RMS watts each, is this okay? Also, all of the reviews for this amplifier are of people saying how well it supports their subwoofers. It doesn't say it's a high powered amplifier so I think it would be fine to use with speakers. Will I be set with this?

Thanks,
- Drunkship

Old 03-26-2006, 02:51 PM
Drunkship
Rookie

Hello all. I got my speakers, but I have another question. How do I take the side panels off on the front doors to get to the speakers?

Old 03-26-2006, 03:41 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker

I would tell you to put the 2 channel on the front channel and run the rear's on the head unit...strongly advice that.... More than likely your doors have a few screws in it then those annoying plastic snap peices. You should buy a door panel removing too. Jst maybe 5 bux at your local auto store and makes it much easier to get them off without breaking them.

Old 03-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Drunkship
Rookie

ORIGINAL: habeba86

I would tell you to put the 2 channel on the front channel and run the rear's on the head unit...strongly advice that.... More than likely your doors have a few screws in it then those annoying plastic snap peices. You should buy a door panel removing too. Jst maybe 5 bux at your local auto store and makes it much easier to get them off without breaking them.
Yeah, we plan on hooking up the stock 6x9s to the internal amp on the HU, and running the new front speakers off the amp. So, you can buy like a door panel removing kit? All I saw for screws was one inside the handle and one on the other side of it.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:15 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Its a door panel removal tool. Jst search for it on the web..they jst look like a screw driver sometime bent at angles with a u type head on it.

Quick Reply: 1999 Dodge Neon.