Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Audio pinout help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 03:16 AM
DeckDog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio pinout help

I am looking for the pinout's for the single disk head unit for my 2006 wrangler, Can anyone help???
Before anyone starts telling me to just go buy a cable, I have already tried that and have had no luck....

Here is why I am looking for them, I have a Harman Kardon Drive&Play (for my iPod) that is connected to my head unit via A USA-Spec aux interface (DF-CHR)...
They work great with one exception, It always powers itself up when i start the jeep or go back to acc... Pain in the butt...
So what I want to do is find the correct pin that will allow me to use the trigger for the drive&play to turn it on when the head unit is in CD Changer mode ONLY...

Any help would be awsom

Thanks

Timothy

Old 04-28-2006, 03:35 AM
car_audio_god
Default RE: Audio pinout help

ORIGINAL: DeckDog

I am looking for the pinout's for the single disk head unit for my 2006 wrangler, Can anyone help???
Before anyone starts telling me to just go buy a cable, I have already tried that and have had no luck....

Here is why I am looking for them, I have a Harman Kardon Drive&Play (for my iPod) that is connected to my head unit via A USA-Spec aux interface (DF-CHR)...
They work great with one exception, It always powers itself up when i start the jeep or go back to acc... Pain in the butt...
So what I want to do is find the correct pin that will allow me to use the trigger for the drive&play to turn it on when the head unit is in CD Changer mode ONLY...

Any help would be awsom

Thanks

Timothy
That's weird. Why wouldn't you want it triggered with the ignition? I'm not sure if there is a "CD Changer only" ACC wire...

I can check tho...

Old 04-28-2006, 03:39 AM
DeckDog

Because if I have the radio playing, my audiobook on my ipod gets 3 chapters ahead before i realize the drive and play is on............ GEEZZZZZZZZZ

Old 04-28-2006, 03:54 AM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

This thing plugs into the CD changer out. It probably is connected VIA CAN bus which is a serial port to control the CD changer if you had one, therefore you will not be able to do what you want. That is what the bottom button of the Drive and Play is for, to pause the IPOD.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:06 AM
DeckDog

isn't there has to be a control wire in the bus that controls the CD changer, ie stop, forward and so on?

Old 04-28-2006, 02:38 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

Not really, if it is a CAN Bus which chrysler I know uses alot now, a CAN bus is a type of serial port, it sends commands to tell it what to do. And alot of other OEM car stereos are doing this. I have the base stereo in my 06 mustang. I also got the aux in for my Drive and Play, because let's be honest, the wireless fm sounds like crap. And the AUX port is CAN bus controlled.

It would have been nice if these companies that make the AUX RCA input converters had an ACC type line that when it saw you hit the AUX button(or cd changer, or whatever stereo function you hit) it would turn it on.

Old 04-29-2006, 02:06 AM
DeckDog

As long as I can isolate the specific signal coming through the bus it is easy enough to create a little black box to control the power going to the D&P.... But still need to know the pin locations for that...

Quick Reply: Audio pinout help