Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Serious Sound

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 04:34 AM
Streetuner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious Sound

I am new to the audio sound world and I would like to create a sound system that projects easily around the block. I am currently thinking about purchasing 2 AudioBahn 15in subwoofers (1000 peak watts a piece). However, I am on a budget (200.00-250.00 shipped) and need an amp powerful enough to project these subwoofers around a block. Due to the size of the 15in subwoofers I will be making a sealed enclosures that causes the subwoofers to face straight up (I'm not sure if this box will effect my sound projection). N E Ways, I would be every happy if someone could give me an example of some very powerful amps that would push these subwoofers around the block.

Old 05-06-2006, 06:32 AM
forbidden
Default RE: Serious Sound

Not exactly the best idea to mount a sub in this fashion due to woofer sag. The spider(s) and surround of a speaker help to keep the coil centered in the gap properly and of course the strength of the woofer cone is much greater on edge. Putting the sub flat like this eliminates the spider and surrounds ability to keep the cone from dropping due to it's weight.

Next, friends don't let friends buy Audiobahn. Enough said there. Next again, bigger does not mean better. A 10" driver can produce the exact same low note as a 15". If the woofer is in the same league as the 15" it may not be able to do it with the same amplitude though. If the 10" is a major step up in performance and abilities however, it may exceed the capablities of the 15". I would not recommend a 15" driver set up to anyone unless they are willing to go the extra mile to power up the front end of the system to keep up with the bass heavy back end.

Good bass response is all about the box. Go to this site, www.the12volt.com and read some of the stickied topics in the main car audio forum. There is lots to learn there. I'll answer questions of course here on this site as well, I am happy to offer my .02 to the people on the site that need information.

Old 05-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Streetuner

Thanks

Old 05-06-2006, 02:23 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Plz don't drive around with it cranked up all the time, thats why you get your car impounded now due to people annoying the crap out of ppl constantly with their subs.
If the sun's down the volumes down

Old 05-06-2006, 02:33 PM
RICHARDS108
Professional

well i have a rockford fosgate p4004 and its only rated at 50w per channel and 1200 peak power but they rate low it actually pushes more like 100w per channel and 1800 peak power. now mine is 4 channel so you might want to check out the p2002, p4002, or p5002 depending on how much power u want. also u can pick a new one pretty cheap on ebay. and i agree with forbidden bigger inst always better its all about what you buy and how u set it up my buddy has one JL 12 with a kicker amp (which are really good as well) and it prob hits just as hard if not harder than my 2 12 alpines

Old 05-08-2006, 11:28 PM
marks99dak

way too much drag with 15`s go smaller if you want them to hit hard

Old 05-09-2006, 05:40 AM
car_audio_god

ORIGINAL: marks99dak

way too much drag with 15`s go smaller if you want them to hit hard
You're a retard.

Serious Sound and AUDIOBAHN ... DO NOT belong in the same sentence...

Trending Topics

Old 05-09-2006, 05:28 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker

^^^^

Quick Reply: Serious Sound