Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

installing amp need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 02:39 PM
jninjamaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing amp need help

i have a dodge magnum and im installing an amp to my stock head unit i have everything done i installed a hi/low converter and i have everything hooked up except the remote wire i have no clue on how to install that i know it goes in fuse box but were and wich one help me please

Old 05-17-2006, 03:48 PM
forbidden
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: installing amp need help

The remote on wire needs to go to a switched source. This source is a fuse or wire at the fuse box that goes to +12v when the key is on and turned to either ACC or IGN. If your factory cd player has plugs that look like the ones on this link (which I doubt but look anyways), then hook the remote on wire to pin#2. Here is the link.
http://www.the12volt.com/uploads/files/84upDodge.gif

The vehicle main ignition wire is the best bet for you. It is a pink / white wire coming from the main key cylinder. It is easy to get to when you remove the lower panel on the drivers side dash. The remote on wire should have a .5 amp to 2 amp fuse in it at this connection point.

Quick Reply: installing amp need help