Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

ipod hook up ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 09:00 PM
RayDog26
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ipod hook up ?

i hooked up a ipod to my pioneer head unit into the rca ports but i have a problem. first off the rca ports either works on just the front speakers or just the rear speakers. also i can't control the volume from the head unit just on the ipod its self. any one have experience with ipod hook ups and can help me out ?

Old 06-16-2006, 08:40 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Default RE: ipod hook up ?

Im confused. Can you give a little more detail about the speaker problems you said you are having?

Old 06-17-2006, 03:11 AM
RayDog26
All Star

ok the head unit has 6 rca ports on the back. 2 are for the front speakers, 2 are for the rear speakers, and 2 are the the subs. i hooked up the ipod to the rca ports for the front speakers but i can' get the sound out of the rear speakers at the same time. also the head unit can't control the volume level when you have the ipod hooked up. only the volume on the ipod works and that is not loud at all. i don't know how to fix it.

Old 06-17-2006, 05:06 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

I'm pretty sure those are outputs and not inputs.... Is it the 2600 thats in your sig, cuz in the owners manual it doesnt say anything about being able to connect aux. equipment unless you use the ip-bus rca interconnector...

Old 06-17-2006, 08:03 PM
RayDog26
All Star

no its for a pioneer 4800.

Old 06-17-2006, 09:23 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Auxiliary Inputs: The DEH-P4800MP is equipped with a 3.5mm stereo minijack auxiliary input for connecting external components, such as a portable MP3 player, DVD, or VCR. This "AUX 1" input must be turned on in the Initial Settings so it can be selected as a source. Once AUX 1 is selected as a source, you can change the source display of the input to any 8-character name. A second auxiliary device can be connected to this unit when an optional adapter is connected to the IP-Bus connector on the rear panel. This auxiliary input (known as AUX 2) must also be turned on, and an 8-character name for the input can be stored in memory. See below for more information on the 2nd Auxiliary Input.

2nd Auxiliary Input Ready: In addition to the rear panel minijack Aux input (AUX 1), you can connect a second auxiliary component by connecting an IP-Bus/RCA connector. The CD-RB10 lets you connect one auxiliary component, and the CD-RB20 lets you connect an auxiliary component and a CD changer via the IP-Bus connector on the back of the head unit. The 8-character name of the connected auxiliary component can be entered into memory, and will appear as you cycle through the sources.

You need to use one of those to connect your i-pod. Im pretty sure you are trying to use the pre-amp outs to hook up the i-pod.

Old 06-18-2006, 03:37 AM
RayDog26
All Star

i got the ipod hooked up through the red and white ca ports. so im guessing thats the wrong hook up. i need to hook it up through the aux ports? the ipod works on aux 1 and aux 2 i just can't control it through headunit or have all 4 speakers workin.

Old 06-18-2006, 04:35 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

You need to hook it up to the mini stereo jack.

Quick Reply: ipod hook up ?