Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

04 Dodge Ram Aftermarket Head unit install. (no sound)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Gattzumaul
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Dodge Ram Aftermarket Head unit install. (no sound)

I just bought an 04 Dodge Ram, Reg Cab/Short Bed. I bought a new Alpine head unit (CDA-9855) and bought the harness/paneling kits for the install. I got everything hooked up set my new unit in, turned on the truck and I've got no sound. I don't know if I have the infinity sound or where to look for it. Thank you in advance for any help.

Old 06-27-2006, 04:32 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Default RE: 04 Dodge Ram Aftermarket Head unit install. (no sound)

It should say infinity on the cd player or on the speaker cover.....I think. If you have tweeters in the a-pillar it is prolly the infinity system. If it is the infinity system your kinda screwed, bcuz of the can-bus system they use. You will have to run wiring to all the speaker connections. Does the cd player turn on?

Old 06-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Gattzumaul

Doesn't say infinity on the head unit, not sure about the speakers. I know I don't have tweeters in the a-pillars though. When I have the new unit in it'll turn on adjust, works just as it should, I have the same model in my other car, but that's all direct wired because it's an antique. But yes it comes on and everything technically works as it should, I have the cross over set own the bottom on the unit so that the unit uses it's on built in amp to power the speakers and then the RCA jacks to power the subs (which aren't hooked up yet) But no sound. I've checked all my connections to make sure I crimped each one that I was suppose to - also double checked the head unit's wiring versus the harness wiring that I got and that all checks out correctly. The harness that Im using is an Scosche CR02B (http://www.scosche.com/scosche_carau...8&ItemID=CR02B) All wires are used except for a brown wire which is marked mute. On my head unit the pink (Int In) wire, and the solid blue (PWR ANT) are not used. I looked at the connect from the vehicle to the wire harness connect and all wires are used except for my remote power wire which appears to not be used by the vehicle harness (as far as plug for plug goes)

Old 06-28-2006, 05:13 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Try hookin up a speaker you have lying around to one of the channels on the head unit.......Even tho highly unlikely, you could have crap cd player. Make sure you have the units amp on!!

Old 06-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Gattzumaul

Yup turns out the unit was bad, what a p crappy way that panned out, ended up with one of the new alpine units (2006 models) versus the one that I had and liked. Oh well, thank you for the imput I appreciate the help.

Quick Reply: 04 Dodge Ram Aftermarket Head unit install. (no sound)