Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Another Amp question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 08:19 PM
motoclay
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Amp question

ok, i have a 2006 quad cab and i am very lost now. I have the stock head unit, which i wanna keep, and the infinity 7 speaker system, which i wanna keep. All i want to do is simply (so i thought) add 2 10s in the thunderform box i have. Im running an external amp, trying too, and i cant get this thing to work. I have the little RCA converter, im just wondering, if i have to by pass the amp first. I was thinking maybe i need to splice in before the amp, so that the signal coming to the converter is not ampped??? i dunno what to do, or the parts i need, this shouldnt be that difficult??!!!! thanx guys

Old 06-28-2006, 04:46 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Default RE: Another Amp question

After the amp

Old 06-28-2006, 04:04 PM
motoclay

so, i found out that maybe i have the wrong converter. I seen that i need a premium sound converter. I dont know the actual name of it, but i just have a regular 5 dollar converter. If i put the premium one after the amp, like at the same spot i have the cheapy one, i will get my sound?? I really dont want to have to install this behind the dash, as it is, ive got my spliced wires right at the external amp, it would be so so so easy to just replace the converter i have with the what im guessing, is the better/necessary converter?? thanx for replying, at least im not totally lost.

Old 06-28-2006, 04:13 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

JL Audio Cleansweep....or something like this would be ideal for what you are trying to do...

Old 06-28-2006, 08:20 PM
motoclay

u are right, after reading about this thing, it sounds like it will work, but man, u didnt tell me it was over 300 bux, sheesh, this damn system is gonna end up costing me a fortune, i wonder if there are other brands for less, but, it looks like a new product even for 06??

Quick Reply: Another Amp question