Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Problem with 96 Neon Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 12:26 PM
tjoris
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with 96 Neon Sound System

I have 96 Neon that I'm "nursing back to health." I'm having a problem with the left side speakers on the the door and in the dash, as well as the right side dash speaker. There is absolutely no sound coming out of them. A blown speaker would produce some sort of sound. I'm guessing wiring, but an reluctant to begin taking things apart until I'm sure I can properly diagnose the problem.

Any suggestions?

Old 07-07-2006, 10:36 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Problem with 96 Neon Sound System

the sound that a blown speaker makes depends on how blown it is.....the speakers could be bad..or it could be the radio

Old 07-10-2006, 09:43 AM
tjoris

I'm really hoping it has to do with the speakers. I just installed a new radio not too long ago. Thanks for your reply.

Old 07-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Mephy

If the voice coils are completely fried, there will be NO sound... you're best bet is to remove one and plug it into a Stereo in your house that you KNOW works and see what happens. If there is NO sound, the speakers are bad, if there is sound, then maybe the wiring is bad... since you just installed a new radio not too long ago, that should NOT be the problem.... Since the right side only the DASH speaker is not working, I guess the door does work, so, that channel is OK on your head unit.... head unit is probably OK, just blown speakers... I've had 3 Neons and all 3 of them have had the front door speakers replaced because they were blown... good sounding speakers, but, cannot handle the power of an after market head unit....

Quick Reply: Problem with 96 Neon Sound System