Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Can I put a 10" sub in the compartment under my rear bench (92 Dakota)?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Phantasm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I put a 10" sub in the compartment under my rear bench (92 Dakota)?

I have an ACI sub that is in a custom enclosure right now. It sounds good, but I want to free up space in the interior. I am thinking of taking the hatch off of the passangers side compartment under the rear bench & putting plexiglass in its place with the sub mounted to it. Will this sound good, or sound like ****? The only problem I see is that the sub will have to push thru the seat cushon.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:36 PM
CaptainPioneer
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can I put a 10" sub in the compartment under my rear bench (92 Dakota)?

I can help you if u could please send me a pic of it... Also do you think you can get an idea of exactly how much interior volume there is in that space...

Also no do not put a piece of Plexi over that and mount a sub that would #1 sound like crap... #2 crack...#3 is going to leak... Your best bet is to Fiberglass a mold of that space area and then take it out and then fiberglass around the mold with a fabbed up speaker ring and then give the speaker enough room for linear movement. Best to give it at least 2-3 inches of clearence depending on what hte xmax of your sub is.

You can PM any time if u need some help

Quick Reply: Can I put a 10" sub in the compartment under my rear bench (92 Dakota)?