Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

In-Motion override for Nav system

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 08:14 PM
CHEMIGO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In-Motion override for Nav system

Does anyone know if there is an override for the In-Motion limitation on the factory Navigation system?

Thanx!
bv

Old 07-30-2006, 04:12 PM
SunburstOrange
Default RE: In-Motion override for Nav system

This seems to be one of the differences between US and EU models. I can control the nav system while driving.
Maybe this is just a configuration item in some hidden menu on the nav system?

EU Caliber 18 SXT

Old 07-30-2006, 04:24 PM
mahal3680
Veteran

What certain functions are limited when in motion? Bought a 6-disc Mopar Nav REC radio a few months back for a Dodge Caliber thats still on order. So, I'm a little curious to know whats limited. I know after-market nav systems that play DVD's and so forth aren't able to watch DVD's when the car is in motion, which is pretty understandable.

Old 07-30-2006, 10:55 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

well, aftermarket HU's can be able to watch movies while driving. there are some wires that need cutting for that to happen. i am going to get that done in my moms car.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:44 AM
CHEMIGO

What certain functions are limited when in motion?
Basically when you are in motion, the NAV system restricts the menu choices to a couple options. (map view, selecting stored addresses, and a couple other items)

The key function that is restricted in-motion, and I like to use ALL the time, is the ability to enter in an address. Most systems I have used put a warning message up about using the system while driving but allow you to continue. This one does not. I like to have my passenger enter in an address of our next destination while driving. Pulling off a freeway every time is a PITA. I have dug through the menus and manual and can't find a setting for the in-motion.

Anyone have any knowledge or experience on the possibilities of disabling the in-motion feature?

Overall, I really like the Nav system. Pretty much the center piece of the interior. Just need this mod (and then to figure out how to get it to play DVD movies next).

Thanx!

Old 07-31-2006, 03:07 PM
CaptainPioneer
Rookie

Apparently its very easy to do in a Toyota Prius, or most Toyota's and is highly available knowledge... I have seen it done on Acura's as well AND ON Infinity's.... Dodge is the only one where i wouldnt begin to speculate on how to do it... If you could see if there is a way to buy a Navigation system from overseas like the user SunburstOrange is talking about... That is the EASIEST way to do it... The only other way that i could speculate on how to do it is to buy a converter kit online but they are ususally about $250 and up

Old 09-06-2006, 09:26 PM
03spect

hey I'm also looking for the answer to this for one of my clients (I'm a mobile installer) he doesn't wanna drop the 2 grand for a nav and dvd player. he's got an 05 Magnum RT. if you could direct me to a site that sells the bypass I would be in your debt and any car audio/video/security/remote start questions you have I'll answer as quickly as I can... just pm me.
Thanks
Troy

Quick Reply: In-Motion override for Nav system