Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Best in-dash double din nav unit for your bucks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 02:26 AM
mahal3680
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best in-dash double din nav unit for your bucks?

I guess money isn't really the issue, the fact that Eclipse doesn't have a 7" double din head unit already turned me off of buying one of these. I'm new when it comes to these high tech units. Don't get me wrong, theres not a vehicle yet in my life that I haven't replaced the factory radio with an after-market one. I've changed out five vehicles in my life so far, and they have all been with Sony decks. Call me brand loyal I guess. Anyway, the jury is still out as to which head unit I'll be getting. Right now, its still between the Kenwood and the Pioneer. I just wish I could get more info on the Kenwood PNAV DDX-6019. Thank God my vehicle is still on order...

Old 07-30-2006, 06:43 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

Trust us and stick with the Pioneer. Its far more superior to the Kenwood. Kenwood isn't really a brand you would want as a HU. I am a bit bias though.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:20 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Kenwood makes solid head units............

Old 07-31-2006, 01:25 PM
CaptainPioneer
Rookie

Only the Excelon's are worth your time i have seen some wierd things happen on the Kenwood recievers... motors seem to burn out much faster on those than any other ive seen.. .I have had my Pioneer Premier for about 4 years now... Still runs like a champ!

Old 12-21-2006, 04:11 AM
lorilard333

I've got a 2007 ram 1500 qc 4x4, and I just bought a Kenwood DDX6019 to put in it. I took it to a local audio shop sound crafters to put it in, and they tell me that I need some kind of " bypass module" ?? In order for the kenwood to work properly in my truck.Is this correct?? do I need such a thing ??Someone else should know. I want to installmy kenwood DDX 6019 as soon as possible, but this shop wants 853.00 to install it because the factory radio is'nt quite a double DIN, its more like aDIN and three quarters. Do you have any advise? I only paid 650.00 for the kenwood, and I cant believe how much this stupid shop wants to put it in. Do I trust having it put in by a friend that says he cn an do it , even though he hasnt heard of needing any "bypass module" for my truck?

Quick Reply: Best in-dash double din nav unit for your bucks?