Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Best in-dash double din nav unit for your bucks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 02:55 AM
mahal3680
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best in-dash double din nav unit for your bucks?

Heres the thing, I'm looking at installing the Kenwood DDX-6019 nav unit or the Pioneer AVIC-Z1. I've searched all over the net for legit reviews, but to no avail. Right now, all I have is the fact that the Pioneer radio has an awesome deck with many features, but a ****ty nav system, Topmaps, or somehing like that. The DDX-6019 doesn't have all the nice deck features as the AVIC-Z1, but has a reliable, trusted nav system, the Garmin. What I want is know is whats the better buy all around? Pioneer website puts out some really good information where Kenwood hardly has anything on the DDX-6019. These two decks cost roughly the same, and both are 7" touch screen. Please note, I'm only looking at purchasing a double din head unit. Anyway, any advice/insight from people who own or have great knowledge on audio decks would greatly be appreciated! Thanks!

Old 07-28-2006, 04:41 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Default RE: Best in-dash double din nav unit for your bucks?

yes! the avic-z1. my installer (professional installer who does installations for ALL of LaDanian Tomlinson's cars, Mike Jones's cars, Shawn Merriman's cars, Manny Fresh's cars... the list goes on. Oh, and mine.) told me that all of them got the new Z1 in their cars. He said that that is the best navi out on the market right now. he said to always trust pioneer with their in-dash navi/video.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:48 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

The way I take it with the kenwood you have to add the navigation.
input for a compatible Kenwood navigation system........
I like the pioneer better, but that is jst personal prefference. I really have no proof its better i jst like it more.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:52 PM
CaptainPioneer
Rookie

I Personally like the Z1 but in response to HighDukes comments, just because the Rappers out there are getting it in their cars doesnt mean that its a great product (Remember the Audiobahn Flame subs) If you really want a great Nav system check into Eclipse Audio... THey have amazing products. Only draw back is that they are a little pricey... I believe the price tag on the Z1 is about what... 1.300 to 1.700? Right? SOmething like that. Alpine Navigation is great as well. If you want the best in Nav its Eclipse but if u want all around functionality and a killer lookign and flipping hu/nav its the Z1 hands down

Old 07-28-2006, 04:08 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

Your right, but I was just making a point that my installer is like super pro. lol. Yeah, that is way true of the Eclipse, it is hands-down the best navi, but I would stick to the Pioneer to save money and like Captain said, it looks way better and has better all around functioning. So that would mean, overall... the Z1 is your best choice.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:01 PM
CaptainPioneer
Rookie

agrreed^^^

Old 07-29-2006, 01:47 AM
mahal3680
Veteran

I was hoping I would get more information on Kenwood Double din units. Thanks for all the insight though, much appreciated. I'm going to look into the Eclipse brand after a write this post!
Later!

Old 07-29-2006, 02:08 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Eclipse is VERY nice stuff. Depending on the model, I would prolly pick that brand over these 2.

Old 07-29-2006, 04:20 PM
forbidden

As a retailer of pretty much all the lines mentioned over the years, the Eclipse is by far and away the superior choice for a person who is a do it right the first time kind of person.

Old 07-29-2006, 05:36 PM
CaptainPioneer
Rookie

The Eclipse line is most certainly superior its just the price that shys most people away, but then again if you are really serious about haveing the best than go for it. Personally if i had enough money my next vehicle would be all McIntosh components and Focal Subs... Oh what I would do for those blue lit voltmeters!

Quick Reply: Best in-dash double din nav unit for your bucks?