Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2001 Grand Caravan with Infinity - need to bypass factory amp

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 04:53 PM
CaptainPioneer
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2001 Grand Caravan with Infinity - need to bypass factory amp

how many speakers do you have? If its that 8 speaker sound system that is gonna be pia, but if not still if u are really serious about getting some sweet sound in your car, switch to all aftermarket speakers, and btw if the power is turning offf that has nothing to do with the speakers that has to do with 1 of 3 things... bad power wire... bad ground to chassis... or the Remote turn on (acc/ign) wire is not contacting with where it needs to be... If you want to test my theory take your hu out take a long wire and have your ACC/ign go to the battery and keep other wires the way they are... I will bet you that it will stay on. And if it keeps turning off... Check the chassis ground that the radio is on and also check to see that the power wire is not brittle or spliced anywhere or frayed... I had a problem back in the day when i accidentally forgot to solder a wire and pushed it all back inside the dash and the power wire was hitting a metal part in the dash and grounding out... first the unit would turn on and off speradically and then i blew the fuse. (I was lucky i didnt fry the unit) Just check all your wires first.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:41 AM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker

I would avoid tapping into a wiper or window circuit. Anything with a motor on it will more than likely cause ripple. You will get the same effect as alternator whine. I find it worth the few bucks to run a 10 gauge FUSED wire directly from the battery. Some fuse boxes have an extra tap here and there. Good luck.

Old 08-06-2006, 07:45 PM
mycamper

It's the 8-speaker infinity so you're right. It will be PIA. Took off right front door speaker and sure as crap, amp attached directly to speaker. Anybody have a factory wiring diagram for 8-speaker infinity system on 2001 dodge grand caravan?

Quick Reply: 2001 Grand Caravan with Infinity - need to bypass factory amp