Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Sound system package!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 11:23 AM
GreyGhost
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound system package!

Looking for some opinions here. I've been browsing through the A/V forum and there appear to be several that have alot of knowledge here! I'm looking at purchasing a used system to install in my 1500 Quad Cab. I've installed many head units in cars/trucks in the past and some speakers but don't have much experience with amps.

-Headunit: JVC KD-G300 200W peak power (This is a pretty good head unit)
-6x9 speakers (2)- TS-A6960R 220watt 3-way Pioneer
-TS-G1640 160 watt Pioneer 6 1/2" 2-way mid-range speakers (2 of them as well)
-ECLIPSE 36401 4/3/2 channel Highs amp (I don't have alot of info on this amp but know that Fujitsu/ECLIPSE has some great products)

Loudness and clarity are my two main requirements. Bass would be nice and I'm considering getting a sub for this package as well.

Let me know what you think, feel free to bash it as long as it's honest! I don't want to waste money on this if it's going to sound like crap! Thanks for any help!! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 08-10-2006, 10:47 PM
speakle
All Star
Default RE: Sound system package!

Nothing wrong with that. Pioneer is a cheaper company but they definately have some decent sounding stuff. Got to get a sub!

Old 08-10-2006, 11:38 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker

You can run the fronts off channel 1 and 2 and bridge 3&4 for a sub and run the rear off the head unit. The rear are 5 1/4 so you might have to do a little cutting, but they will go in.

Old 08-13-2006, 08:57 PM
GreyGhost
All Star

Thanks for the input.. I just got back from vacation today and missed out on buying this package. I have another one in the making though so I'll keep this stuff in mind. Thx again!

Quick Reply: Sound system package!