Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

New System for an '06

Old 08-23-2006, 10:44 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New System for an '06

YES! AUDISON! lol. thank you! i totally blanked out earlier. but yes, Audison is a very good amp if you want the clarity.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:12 AM
forbidden
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New System for an '06

Audison, pass thanks. Good amps, great amps when you can keep them cool. You are not looking to blast your neighbour across the street by the sounds of it. I would use a one amp system in your vehicle. I would use the Eclipse XA5000 ICEpower amp, 50w rms x 4 to power up the front and rear speakers and the 450w x 1 to power up a single dvc 4 ohm sub.

I would definitely use a Eclipse head unit for ease of use, tonal response and ability to add items like the SIR-ECL1 satellite radio tuner and the Ipod interface (should you want it). The CD3000 is more than enough cd player for you, perhaps the CD4000 if you need remote control, Aux. input (nice if you have one of those portable 7" lcd/dvd combos) and multicolor illumination.

If you want video and still value tonal response, the Eclipse AVX5000 is the choice for you. If you need Nav functions, then the AVN7000. A good system starts at the source. Eclipse also features a 7" screen over the 6.5" Pioneers.

Speakers are subjective. My ears like the Focal and Macrom speakers, the Vifa made Eclipse are another standout as well. Front speakers are a 6x9" factory but it is super easy to make a adaptor plate of 1/4" black abs and fit a 6.75" mid in the door and the tweeter in the stock location.

You will be rewiring all speakers in this vehicle and it will take some time.

The choice of sub is fairly easy. While all the responses I have seen show the current brand of the month on the forums, this is based on price primarily. Last year it was RE and before that Adire. You have options, consider them. A 4" speaker can play the same low bass note as a 15", it just cannot do it with the same amplitude. Amplitude = output that pisses people off. A good 8" driver like say a Digital Designs sub in a ported box is going to have waaaaaay too much bass for your tastes. Consider the area that you have to put the sub in first and then choose the sub based upon that. My bet is that a sub that performs in a small sealed or small ported box is what you are going to be after. Pioneer and AVI both make a great shallow mount 10" driver that do not require a ton of power. By properly setting the gain on the amp, coupled with the proper box = a highly predictable outcome for your investment. Consider at least a 10" driver. Bigger does not necessarily mean more output, it is all in how you use the equipment and how it is matched together.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New System for an '06