Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

LED install

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 09:54 PM
1RewdRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED install

I have too mauch time on my hands so naturally I think of unnecessary things to add to my truck. I have a custom built sub-enclosure under my rear seat. It has 2 downfiring woofers (I had the rear seat reupholstered to "hollow out" the underside, it rides hard as a rock but nothing is ever back there except my overnight bag ). On each side of the driveshaft hump, on the bottom of the box is a gap between the floor and the sub box. I was thinking of adding some blue or red LED's to the rear of the woofer on the underside so when the system is on I get a glow coming out from inside that gap. Comprende? What's the best way to get switchable power to them?

Old 09-07-2006, 02:12 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Default RE: LED install

I would jst run a simple switch to them for the most control over when they are on or off.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:36 AM
habby71

or wire it to your speakers...that way u gte it to plasg with the sound

Old 09-07-2006, 02:38 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

glowshift actually makes a transformer with a built in mic. so when you got the music playing the leds jump to the beat. Although its a underglow kit, so you might just want to buy some short tubes from them, and then get the transformer, its all wireless 2. It comes with a little remote so you can turn it on when your outside of the car. Its what i got on my truck, but mines just underglow.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:38 PM
1RewdRam

I'm not really into the disco effect, thanks though. I'd just like them to automatically light when I turn on my system without any separate switch. C'mon, hebeba, I'm counting on your expertise dude, lol.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:43 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it doesnt just do disco its like 15 diffrent options. you can have it run on standerd light, it just turns on thats it, what i would do is have it hooked up through your amp power, so when your amp turns on your glow turns on also, its just a 12v and a ground and you can do that through your amp wiring.

or actually, you could probably do it through your REM wire, or power intenna wire. They both only turn on when your car does. REm is whats the amp uses, use the power from that wire, and then just ground it. Bam your done.

Old 09-08-2006, 04:45 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Old 09-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Bad_Azz_Dodge

Use the relay and the remote wire from your head unit or whatever u want to power up with it.

Quick Reply: LED install