Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2004 Grand Caravan Factory Installed DVD System Will Not Play Copied DVD's... Does anyone know why??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 10:40 PM
MagnumSXT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2004 Grand Caravan Factory Installed DVD System Will Not Play Copied DVD's... Does anyone know w

If I were you, I'd burn one to a dvd+r disk (if you have a multi format burner) and see if it reads that. It may just be incompatible with -r.

Oh, reading back, you said choppy playback. Other things to try are alternate media type. I.E. Optidisk vs. Ritek. Also try burning at a slower speed. Or, you may need to upgrade your DVD burner. I know I had tons of problems with playback on may players, and upgraded to a new burner and problem solved. Here's the one I recommend. Linky Linky

Man, that burner just keeps getting cheaper too!!

Old 12-14-2009, 04:47 PM
B Norton

Mine has the same problem.. however.. being an old A/V guy from years back, and used to making things do what they aren't meant to do... I tried something...

My Caravan has the factory 6 disc DVD player with the built-in video screen in the roof. I slipped one of the 'burned' discs into the DVD player... and PRESTO.. it plays burned CD's. ( I always 'burn' a copy of any CD I buy, just in case it gets broken/ stolen/ damaged . I play the copy, and keep the original as a backup.)

I have about 5 loaded in there normally, leaving the 6th slot open for watching a movie DVD if the kids want to. I only use the factory CD/cassette deck for playing original CD's.

Hope this helps.

windsor62

Old 12-21-2009, 01:45 PM
casper3380
Veteran

his original problem could be the unit. not all players will play copied discs. he also was using dvd-r's i have alot better luck using dvd+r's. If you home player wont play it either, its the unit. they tend to be more picky, cheaper units are alot more inclined to play copied movies. hope it helps

Quick Reply: 2004 Grand Caravan Factory Installed DVD System Will Not Play Copied DVD's... Does anyone know why??