Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Let's end the madness I am so confused about Dodge Ram Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 01:20 AM
Kevno6
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Let's end the madness I am so confused about Dodge Ram Speakers

Let's end the madness I am so confused and have purchased and hopefully made right decision. I have been looking at Crutchfields site for speaker fitment and checking forums. I just purchased all new Infinity Kappas for my new style 2002 Dodge ram Quad cab and have purchased 5 1/4's for my back doors based on what forums say. I have faith that they will fit from reading these forums. I am just confused about this because of Crutchfield syas 6 1/2's and replies in the forum say that people have installed 5 1/4's and 6 1/2's. If they are 6 1/2's is there a way to fit 5 1/4's in door. Also My understanding is that Infinity sound system have 6 speakers. What is the little grille for in the center of dash and if it is not a speaker why does it feel like there is sound coming out (vibrating) of it when I put my hand on it. Thank You

Old 07-14-2004, 09:43 PM
dponer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Let's end the madness I am so confused about Dodge Ram Speakers

front doors are 6X9 and I have 5 1/4s built into that with a tweet which is really a memphis componant set. You just need to make a template for the 6X9 and cut out the 5 1/4 and tweet holes, and then predrill the screw holes to attach it. It is pretty simple. the dash consists of two regular tweets and a mono tweet in the middle. I seen that somewhere here on this domain.

Quick Reply: Let's end the madness I am so confused about Dodge Ram Speakers