Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Subwoofers: Infinity Kappa sub and amp help

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 01:38 AM
Kevno6
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Subwoofers: Infinity Kappa sub and amp help

I am new to this. I am looking to purchase an Infinity Kappa 100.310" svc or dvc and was wondering what would be the right amp rms and wattage to power this sub. Box I am going to use has .65 (10") cubic feet of air space and the receiver is JVC kd-lh3100. The specs are as follows:
Power Handling, RMS: 275 Watts
Power Handling, Peak: 1100 Watts
Frequency Response (±3dB): 20Hz – 250Hz
Sensitivity: 90dB
Impedance: 2 Ohms or 8 Ohms, depending on wiring

Also if I decided to purchase the KAPPA PERFECT10.1 10" Die-Cast High-Output Subwoofer
Power Handling, Peak: 1400W
Power Handling, RMS: 350W
Impedance: 4 Ohms

And what would work good with that without breaking the bank on either sub for the best bass. And which is better svc or dvc. Please if possible give rms and wattages that I am looking for to run these subs the right way . Sorry about all the questions but want the best without breaking the bank. Thank you for any help

Old 07-15-2004, 04:56 AM
chfjim
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Subwoofers: Infinity Kappa sub and amp help

Infinity just released their Amps again after a four year hiatus. They are very good amps and are built for Infinity Speakers, and Definetly go with the Perfects!

Old 07-15-2004, 05:10 PM
shiltz
Captain

from everything i've ever read you should get an amp that falls within the upper 1/3 of the RMS rating of the sub, so for Infinity Kappa 100.3 10" you would want an amp that puts out 183-275 watts RMS and for the kappa perfect10.1 10" 233-350 watts RMS, you can safely go somewhat above the rated RMS of the speaker too so long as you don't crank it up to 100% volume, your best bet for an infinity amp is if you are going with the kappa perfect is to get the 10.1d which is the dual voice coil model of that speaker, same price, and get the infinity refference 310a amp, wire the 2 voice coils in parallel for a 2ohm load, that amp puts out 312 watts RMS at 2ohm.

Old 07-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Kevno6
Veteran

I picked up the kappa perfect 10.1d and the infinity refference 310a amp what gauge wire do you recommend. And thank you for the advice. And is there anything else I should get or do when hooking this up.

Old 07-16-2004, 12:01 AM
Kevno6
Veteran

Actually What kit could I find on ebay that is really good that includes everything I need. Including speaker wire if possible. If not what gauge on that. Once I get everything I will let you know how it ends up. Thanks again.

Old 07-16-2004, 04:39 PM
shiltz
Captain

depeding on the run length you should use 8 gauge wire for the power and ground if it's 10 feet long or less, over 10 feet i'd go with 6 gauge, and use 12 gauge for the speaker wire, no clue what you could by on ebay since I don't buy stuff from there.

Old 07-25-2004, 08:57 PM
Kevno6
Veteran

sound system is up and running. And it sounds great. the only problem is that the old and new Infinity speaker in the dash to the right doesn't sound like it is working right left one and center sound great so I left it disconnected because it sound better without it. cCould this be a problem in with the factory amp. I reversed the polarity just to see if it was wired wrong and no better. Anyone else have this problem with factory Infinity system. Is the factory amp easy to access and replace with after market.

Trending Topics

Old 07-25-2004, 09:01 PM
Kevno6
Veteran

Is there and infinity amp that will run the seven Infinity speakers. and if not what would be a good choice.

Quick Reply: Subwoofers: Infinity Kappa sub and amp help