Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

what gauge wire? Brand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 12:11 AM
deanj287
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what gauge wire? Brand?

Im finishing up my stereo build and have only a few more parts to aquire. I need a set of rca's or those one that have 4 connectors on one wire and a a power and ground for an 800 watt amp. Im running a sub off channel 3-4 on this amp and swiss components off of 1-2.

What size do i need for the power wires and what brand has worked best for you guys? scared to get a crappy brand and have alternator noise!

ALSO what about the RCA'S? any preferences?

im putting the amp under the passenger seat and will have a jensen touch screen in the dash (i think)

thanks for the help!

Old 11-10-2006, 06:12 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Default RE: what gauge wire? Brand?

The wiring itself wont give you alt wine. I did have a 4 gauge lightning audio kit in my truck and it ran 1000rms jst fine.
http://www.cardomain.com/item/LITSXPK404
http://www.cardomain.com/item/LITLSIX3
Or you can order your own amount of 4 gauge wire, a fuse holder and fuse(s),the rca's,and some wire terminals.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:05 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

Yeah alt wine will almost never happen as long as you have everything installed correctly. They always say to run power wire down the opposite side as the RCA's but personally I've never run into an issue with noise either way. I still run them down opposite sides for good measure, but I don't think it's required. Think about it. the Chassis is a conductor in the car. If you don't get any induced noise from that you probably never will. You will get alt. wine from a ground loop, or if you don't have a good amplifier ground though. So make sure those are both taken care of.

As far as power wire, you should be plenty set with 4 gauge like Habeba said.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:06 PM
whiteram00
Captain

i use moblic spec wiring an rca's i thinks its really good stuff heres a pic off the rca's

[IMG]local://upfiles/31650/B5EE46BB12F84E54A0345B29244D3591.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: what gauge wire? Brand?