Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Kicker Sub

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Napoli
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kicker Sub

I checked and could not find the amp?? I looked in the trunk and traced the wires from the Kicker speaker etc... Unless the amp is built in with the speaker?. If so I didnt see any controls :-(

I do agree that for the $800 they charge for a better sterio they could have placed a little more quality into the system but hopefuly there is a control button and mine is not set properly... On the other hand when I do want to listen to something soothing I shut of the radio and roll down the windows to listen to my goat!

Regards,

Napoli

Old 08-04-2004, 08:35 PM
shiltz
Captain

it's entirly possible that they just replace the normal amp with one that that powers the sub in addition to the other speakers, it's like that on the chrysler 300 too, the base is a 6 speaker system, the top is an 8 speaker (other 6 + sub and center?), they just swap out the 288 watt 6 speaker amp with the 380 watt 8 speaker amp. even if it is a seperate amp it would probably be in the dash somewhere, or maybe behind the passenger kick panel, that's where chrysler puts them in all their vehicles I belive.

Old 10-10-2004, 06:20 AM
fortywillys
Professional

The last 2 vehicle's i had a 97 reg cab splash with factory clarion c/d changer and amp. And my 03 svt focus with factory amp and sub there was no adjustment other than the dekc control's . I'm sure the kicker system's the same way so you don't fry the sub. My srt i installed my panasonic deck and he2's from my splash. Plus replaced factory speaker's with memphis speaker's and got a new rockford amp good for 1200 watt's max and 400 rms.

Old 10-14-2004, 04:14 AM
millenniumdna
All Star

I think its just a powered sub. Similar to the one Nissan put in the Sentra SER

Old 10-18-2004, 12:48 AM
heR/Truck
All Star

If its a fixed gain setup( like all factory amplified systems), there are no adjustments to increase or decrease the bass. If the bass you are getting now isnt what you are looking for, the best thing to do is upgrade to after market equipment. What you have now is all you are going to get...LOL In my truck, all the factory equipment was bypassed and the sound is a world of difference.

Old 05-24-2005, 03:05 AM
slakr
Rookie

dude $800 extra charge for kicker!!!??? u did get ripped man the first problem with a stock system is that theyr not designed to bang no matter what the cheesy suit wearin guy at the dealership tells you, the second thing wrong with ur system is that it is in fact a kicker....... never had luck with any kicker other than the cvr's and i guarantee u thats not whats in ur car. if you want sound that will impress, i recommend that u save up $800 on top of the 800 u threw away on the factory system and go completely aftermarket. let me know what u plan on doin cause id b more than willing to help with anythin u need in pickin out a decent system

Quick Reply: Kicker Sub