Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

New box for my girls Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 02:07 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New box for my girls Camaro

Just finished this box this weekend. Shes got a 96 camaro and the only boxes they make go in the rear compartment, but shes got T-tops so that was out of the question, so this fits on the rear deck and wraps up along with the window.

Let's get this clear.... I don't care for audiobahn, but it's a chicks car and she likes how they look so... Whatchya gonna do? [:'(] Hopefully I'll get her into a nice set of 10" CVX's. I got one layin around here so maybe I'll ****** another one for Christmas and throw em in there. Really isn't enough airspace, but it would be nice if there was.

Anyways just wanted to share some pics.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:00 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Default RE: New box for my girls Camaro

I saw audiobahn and was gona give you crap....then read the post When my friend stops being so cheap, I will build a box for a 96 T/A.......I probably wont glass it tho....But to the point of this thread...it looks good!!!

Old 11-27-2006, 04:43 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

Ha ha, I knew I would get flamed, so I had to add that in.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Inko

That box look sweet, good job man.What did you use to get your initial form? wood ring? and then fleece to rough out the shape? I havent built many boxes but I need to for my ford..... Did you paint it as well?

Old 11-28-2006, 08:37 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

Yeah, wood ring an base. Then fleece, then glass. No I didn't paint it. I had a local body shop do the painting. Yellow Green Metallic, same color as her car.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:53 PM
Inko

Did you measure the volume of the enclosure? or just a rough estimate??

Old 11-29-2006, 02:17 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

looks good. i dont think theres anything wrong with audibahn, just the amps though. but the subs are nice. my friend has a set of 10's in his explorer, they hit man. but great job on the box.

Trending Topics

Old 11-29-2006, 10:15 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

Yeah some of the subs are great. In fact I even don't mind their bigger amps. A little too flashy, but not rated bad, i think I remember rating a friends 1200 at like a little over 1000. So they aren't incredibly over rated power wise. But the ampand subs on this box SUCK. lol But it adds some depth to her music and that's all she needs. She has a couple original SOLO-Barics (the round ones ) and a ZR360 in her Blazer and those sound MUCH better. They are old, but I think the original SOLO's and the ZR amps were some of the best to come out of Stillwater.

We measured volume roughly by using packing peanuts and a 1ft square box to measure. So it's really close, just not perfect.

Quick Reply: New box for my girls Camaro