Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

dilemma for system in reg cab dakota...SOLVED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 08:44 AM
rappin_trashman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dilemma for system in reg cab dakota...SOLVED!!!

first of all...let me say...that before i go into this whole 'story' this phrase still holds true today 'you get what you pay for'...my dilemma was...i have a reg cab dakota...with virtually no room...i was forced to goto the 'proffessionals'...i went down to my local audio shop...it was some backyard place(most of the time those are the best kind)...i told the guy i wanted bass...and he told me that...it wasnt possible...i said...well...cant you just take out the center console...and fiberglass an enclosure...etc...etc..."yeah well the box is gonnabe atleast 600 bucks unpainted...and the guy we have doin fiberglass is in newyork right now...dont know when hes coming back' at this point i was getting pissed...i said 'look...i dont give a f*** about fiberglass i want bass in my truck...i said i dont need it to hit ridiculously low...but just decent....he said 'its not possible man...wont happen'....i walked...talking to a guy at work...theres this backyard place up in wilmington,delaware up by my work...'this kid is crazy man...he put a 20 inch lcd tv in the dash of an old *** car...fiberglass interior...etc...'i said ok...i went there...and they said...they could do a center console...but it wont hit hard...or low...they said...we gonna have to cut the bed...and put the **** in the bed...cut the cab...and run a boot to link them...they were gonna give a killer deal on the system...TRUST ME...i was like ok...i thought about it and i was like...no i cant do that...cause if i goto sell it...i wont get nowhere near what i normally would...so i toldem i didnt want it (2 kicker 1500.1s...2 kicker L7 15s and kicker 650.4 amp for 1300...was NOTHING to sneeze at)...so i was gonna buy the system...put one fifteen in the car...with the amp and sell the rest...so...im at my last resort...i goto tweeter...im sure alot of you guys know who tweeter is...basically in short its high end and expensive...PERIOD...so i told the guy i wanted bass in the truck...he goes...wow its small...etc...etc...he starts lookin at mtx/JL stealthboxes...i said no no...them things suck...i want LOUD...so they go out and look...theyre like...this thing is small...so theyre like...how much is your budget...im like...i dunno 2 grand...theyre like 'really!!??' i said yeah...theyre like...is it ok if it goes a little over...i said...i dont care...so they told me...they wanted to do an 8w7 in an enclosure for my center console...i said i want LOUD...they said 'well we dont cut corners here and the only way i do things...is to make them look like the factory installed it..' and he said 'trust me...you wont be dissapointed'...so they did all this math and ****...and they said they could just barely do a 10 inch w7 in there...and they gonna get the carpet to match my truck...and the only noticable thing is that the armrest will be raised up 1/2 an inch...thats it...i said...well damn...lets get it done then...2600 bucks later...and waiting for a week for it to be done im pretty happy with what im getting

Alpine dvd/cd/mp3/wma/bluetooth deck -$600
JL Audio 10w7 -$550
JL Audio 500/1 -$500
JL Audio Wires -$100
Custom Fiberglass/Carpet Armrest -$1100
Other **** -$400

...having the whole team of Car Audio installers of Tweeter envious of you...priceless

lol

Old 12-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Willis_93ES
Veteran
Default RE: dilemma for system in reg cab dakota...SOLVED!!!

jl w7s are badass good choice. my Friend got 2 10" alpine type Es in the cab of his 2000 r/t dakota... it can be done.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:47 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

Wow $1100 for a glassed box and not even painted?? To carpet it they don't even need to smooth it which is like 80% of the work That's normally what I charge for a fairly large box and painted! Ha ha. I guess I should start charging more.

Anyways, sounds like it should pound. Make sure you get some pics!

Old 12-01-2006, 10:07 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

yeah, you got ripped on the box. i paid 400$ for my fiberglass box for 2 10's to put under my rear bench seats. i paid 700$ all together for my alarm+installation, box, wiring, installation of subs and amp. i got a killer deal. the box by itself is worth, well he charges everyone else, 700$!!!! so i basically paid for the box and everything else was a bonus!

btw, i go to a dude that does the san diego chargers' cars, mike jones and many other famous peeps. he is upscale.

Quick Reply: dilemma for system in reg cab dakota...SOLVED!!!