Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

upgrading stock speakers with stock HU

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 11:14 PM
CaptDuke
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrading stock speakers with stock HU

02 QC Infinity 7 speaker system. Everything is stock. I was wondering if I could upgrade the front and rear speakers but still keep the stock HU and stock amp. I really like using the stering wheel controls so I don't want to lose that.

I don't want to dump tons of money into this ( maybe $300 max)so I'm looking for suggestions. If this can be done.
1. Which speakers would you suggest
2. Any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance and hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday

Old 12-12-2006, 12:27 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star
Default RE: upgrading stock speakers with stock HU

For $300 you could upgrade the headunit and keep your steering wheel controls. And I will bet it will sound a lot better than changing the speakers with a factory deck

Factory speakers in newer vehicles are actually quite good. Their only downfall is their materials which deteriorate after time. Simply changing speakers won't have a dramatic change.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:49 PM
CaptDuke

Thanks, my problem is that my front two speakers are crackling on me like there's a rip in one.
From what I've heard that if you replace the HU with another stereo you can buy an adaptor so you can still use the stering wheel controls but these adaptors are crappy.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:20 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

The SWI-X controls are kinda crappy. But if you get a radio that can use a direct interface like a Sony, Pioneer, or Alpine. Those ones are just fine and work great. Pioneer and Sony use the SWI-PS and they plug right in the back and work awesome.

Quick Reply: upgrading stock speakers with stock HU