Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Subs in rear side panels? (reg cab)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 08:46 AM
weswing04
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subs in rear side panels? (reg cab)

I had this odd idea as i was trying to go to sleep...

If i wanted to put some free air 6.5 or 8" subs in the rear side panels..what kind of sound would it give me? I know for infinite baffle subs, the front needs to be sealed off from the rear, but with the seat belt hole at the bottom, this isn't possible. Can i stuff a bunch of polyfill or anything to make somewhat of an enclosure for the speaker?

I don't need loud booming bass...just a lil to go along w/ rock music. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Old 01-21-2007, 02:01 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star
Default RE: Subs in rear side panels? (reg cab)

Don't see why that wouldn't work, but you're not gonna get much from it, it's really not gonna be a "sub". More like a mid-bass. But it will definatly add some depth to the overall sound. Don't do it if you're looking for any amount of thump though. I'm putting 6.5" midbass drivers in my door, along with 6.5" mid-range and 2" tweeter up top. All Kicker SS. So you definatly have a grea idea, but I think subs will be a must later on.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:02 PM
weswing04
Professional

Thanks..

This is the driver i was looking at, and it would be getting around 110w. With that power I'd really need to somehow attempt to seal up the panels, if possible.

My other option was two 8" bazooka tubes or the large Infinity basslink T. I'm trying to get away from a custom box since I dont have the place or tools to make it, but I don't want it to sound crappy!

btw, I'm selling my memphis speakers and installing a CDT 6.5 component set...so whatever sub I get will be complimenting those.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:40 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Tang band's are nice from what ive heard......I agree, if your wanting normal "sub" bass....I wouldnt run that. You could easily get 2 10's in your truck.

Quick Reply: Subs in rear side panels? (reg cab)