Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Habeba or anyone else. Want 2 headphone capability

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 04:36 AM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Habeba or anyone else. Want 2 headphone capability

I haven't even begun to search the web yet...lol. I figured the opinions on this site will guide me in the right direction.

Here's the layout. Alpine 9835, Infinity 7540 amp with 4 Kappa 639.71. An MTX 6500D Thunder amp with a single Audiobahn Alum10qxxx...something or other....lol.

I want to add the ability to plug in two headphones. I am guessing I would install something between the hu and the 4 channel amp? Would it need it's own power?

AND....I want two CORDED jacks. I don't want any cordless gigajolt setup. I have really nice headphones that fit my head and sound great. I'd like to continue to use them.

Any suggestions is always appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Good luck with ALL our rides.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:19 AM
squatchie16
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Habeba or anyone else. Want 2 headphone capability

Other than a hardwire setup (maybe with a switch) directly off the speaker wire i don't know of a way to hook up headphones with what you got now. I wouldn't hook the headphones up after the amp unless you want to headphones to be amplified. I'm thinking ~100 watts to headphones may be a little much.

Quick Reply: Habeba or anyone else. Want 2 headphone capability