Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Amp wiring/system advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 11:04 PM
McGillicutty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp wiring/system advice needed

I'm installing my system in my 2004 Ram Quad Cab and need some advice. Here is what I've got to work with. I'm using an Eclipse head unit, a JL Audio 6-channel amp, a Fox subbox with 2 JL Audio 10W3 subs, Polk Momo 6" components in front and the speakers in the rear are undermined at this point. The amp is rated as follows. Power rated at 12.5 volts - 45W RMS x 6 @ 4 ohm, Power rated at 12.5 volts - 75W RMS x 6 @ 2 ohm, Power rated at 12.5 volts bridged - 90W RMS x 3 @ 8 ohm, Power rated at 12.5 volts bridged - 150W RMS x 3 @ 4 ohm. I used to have it wired using 4 channels driving the four speakers and channels 5/6 bridged for a single 10" sub, but now I want to purchase another amp to drive the two 10" subs and thought I'd bridge channels 1 & 2 for the left front, 3 & 4 for the right front and channels 5 & 6 unbridged for the rears. My questions are does this sound like it will work well with the rear speakers getting half the power of the front speakers and can I use a single channel amp for the subs wired in parallel or should I have a two channel amp? Any suggestions on the subwoofer amp? Thanks a lot guys.[/align]

Old 03-27-2007, 12:25 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Amp wiring/system advice needed

You can always lessen the gains on the fronts to give you a more even sound ... but yes it should work fine
you can use a single channel amp with the subs wired in parrallel since they are 3's it'll be a 1.5 ohm load so you'll likely need a 1 ohm stable amp

Old 03-27-2007, 11:01 AM
squatchie16
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Amp wiring/system advice needed

That would seem to be a great way to use that amp the most you can. I don't like rear speakers myself, unless it is a surrond sound application.

Just match up the combined impedence of your subs to the amp, whether it be one channel or two doesn't really matter.

Quick Reply: Amp wiring/system advice needed