Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

2008 Jeep Liberty

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 07:28 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Jeep Liberty

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/04/n...sky-slider-ro/

the spy shots made it look ****ty, but now that they show it, i like it. if they price it decent i might replace this liberty with one.

i like the features. rain sensing wipers standard side air bags standard

finally they got it right by having memory seats. i refuse to let anyone drive my jeep because they will **** up my seats and it will take 2 weeks for me to get it right again, but if they have it on memory and i just hit a button then thats prefect.

i wouldnt buy the new roof thing but the idea is cool and it is power.

i am dissapointed they have only the 3.7 though. it bothers me more that it onlys has a 4 speed auto. the 4 speed auto in my liberty now is ****in retarded. it gets confused then pauses while it trys to figure out what it should be doing. i hope they at least fixed that.

i like how it now has a good infinity sound system with sub. it wouldnt stop me from putting my kappa perfects in there, but it is nice to know. storage room in the back looks alot better.

the seats look alot more confortable. right now i have the best leather they offer in the libertyt and it is nice. but the design of the seat under the leather isnt the best. o well i still love my jeep.

the AC/Heating controls looks like the sebrings which is a nice improvement.

i have the select trac 4x4 system whcih i really like. i am intrested in what they changed to make it 2. i notice they dont have it on a parking brake type handle like they do now.

i am excited and cant wait to see one in person

Old 04-04-2007, 01:44 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Jeep Liberty

I agree, this does look better than the spy shots photos. I agree about only offer the 3.7L is a mistake as well as only using a 4-speed auto.

Note to Chrysler, 4-speed where the thing for the 80s and early to mid 90s, now its 6-speeds, time to update. Also they shouldn't let an engine go without an update when the competition has been stomping it since it was introduced. I say its time to shove a firecracker up the snoring behinds of the management. Wake up and give this thing a complete update.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:17 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

there is no problem with the 3.7L, they should just offer a second engine. the 4 speed is a solid proven transmission. maybe the 5 or 6 speed doesnt work well with the 3.7. also they ahve to have a transmission that works well with the 4x4 and off roading. it has to deal with towing and other heavy duty loads.

now that i think about it doesnt every GC including the ones with the 3.7L have a 5 speed.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:23 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

You're right, the GC does have the 5 speed auto with the 3.7. Strangely enough, that's the only vehicle with a 3.7 and a 5sp...every other 3.7 is 4sp or a 6 speed manual.

The 3.7 is a fine motor, but they just keep making the vehicles bigger, and the engine stays relatively underpowered to haul them. Some people would disagree and, really, it's totally up to your preference, but the 3.7, to me, is rather underpowered...especially with the new 4.7 coming...it's a monster jump in power between the two.

I like the Liberty...looks a lot like the Patriot and the Commander...

Old 04-04-2007, 05:56 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i currently drive a 06 liberty limited with the 3.7 it is good enough in there. it holds its own.

my freind has a hemi ram and all through first gear i kept up. the shift from 1st to 2nd didnt give anyone an advantage. but in second gear he pulled away. i mean the engine is fine. it holds it own....in the liberty.

i dont know what gas mileage average is in this size vehicle is, but i constantly floor itdriving pretty much only city and get over 14mpg. it is rated at 17, the new standards are 15 and if i didnt drive like i do 15/16 is reasonable.

they wont put a v8 in the liberty. that would make it step into GC terriitory.

i would like to see teh 4.0. they have it in the nitro.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:33 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

I like it too. I also wish they would at least offer the 4.0 in the liberty. Now just kill the compass and the jeep line is all set!

Old 04-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Much better

Old 04-05-2007, 02:25 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Looks like a mini Jeep Commander...much better than the current Liberty design IMO.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:06 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

at first i was upset that they removed the tire from the back. it made the liberty stand out more in that segment. but by moving the tire under and lengthing it 2 inches will help alot with the lack of storage space. right now i have 2 12" subs in a 1cubic ft per sub box that takes up a large amount fo the back. large enough i dont use the back of anythign else. i put my hockey eqiupment on the back seat.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Hemi_guy

I like it a lot, but I don't like the canvas roof. It and the Patriot look like mini Commanders. Seems to methat Jeepis using the same design on all their SUV'S, justwith different dimensions and slightbody mods. I think that's good though, because then they can hit every market age group/genre and still offer loads of different options.

Quick Reply: 2008 Jeep Liberty