Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Odd Charger SRT8 Mule

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Natedogg625
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Odd Charger SRT8 Mule

ORIGINAL: scatpackmopar

The Charger along with the 300 and Magnum are supposed to be getting an aerodynamic facelift soon. So can this be the first sightings of one of these cars? And not a four door Challenger as some over at Allpar suggest? That thing on the back window may be a device to help calculate drag or changes in pressure over the rear window?
The new magnum design has already been released, and the 300 will hopefully not look anything like the challenger.

I think that it is challenger front end. I can make out part of the grille and a headlight, and they look almost exactly like the concept front end.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:51 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the shape did appear to be the challenger nose...if you look where it is pushing the masking out..

that edge looks quite a bit like the challenger in this picture.

However, the angle is different from the odd charger to the challenger.

and when i saw it in person, although it cant be seen in the pictures, there just appeared to be "framework" behind the white meshing...

Old 04-26-2007, 05:10 AM
Chryco4Life
Rookie

I think it's a Challenger front end for sure. The lines around that corner are a dead giveaway. Probably testing airflow to the 6.1 since this is a SRT8 Charger...

Old 05-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That nose says "Challenger" to me. Could be a different Challenger nose, maybe an SRT-8 nose. Or it could be a new SRT-8 Charger nose. No one knows.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:18 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

It's definitely a Challenger front end, but why it would be on a Charger is beyond me. Perhaps its merely to see if it would work? I know Dodge likes to cut corners and use similar designs.....wouldnt surprise me any....

Old 05-15-2007, 04:14 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

Maybe Dodge will be offering a Challenger sport package option on the Charger instead of making a whole new car?

Old 05-17-2007, 04:47 AM
dubvipers
Record Breaker

they could possibly use the old Charger design. not saying they are, but its possible

Old 05-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Street_Challenged73

From a good inside source from an all E-body site I belong to, this is simply a test mule to determine just how well the front end was designed to determine if any drastic changes should be made prior to final production of the new Challenger. As for the other photos of the new Challenger on the production line with the post between the quarter glass and the door glass, that is actually one of the first few production Challengers making their way down the assembly line. Again from a good source they've already assembled a couple complete production cars, but there haven't been any photos taken. I'll assume they'll dress them up in camo again (blanketed) and take them around the country to ensure total satisfaction before they begin mass production. (well, as much as they're going to produce the first run through.)

Old 05-19-2007, 12:43 AM
manatlarge2
Rookie

Ok i just can't stand it anymore! After reading this article and the others i have to say, no it's not a four door Challenger! It's the revamped front end of the '08 Charger/Magnum. Most of the body lines will stay the same with the biggest treatment done on the front and rear. Yes it is shorter. Think they are calling it the European 4.5 meter style as these cars are being set to sell in Europe and Asia, as well as the U.S. markets. This is all part of CEO LaSorta's new direction with Chrysler, and the new parent company. Spoiler alert...stop reading if you don't want to get spoiled! So the new body style will take a step back, new style with some old, well known accents, think 1968 thru 1970 Charger.....And i still can't believe they left it parked next to an open fence like that! Someone is geting there *** chewed on! They hate that stuff! The press guys and girls like to release stuff like that to make us wonder and the competion as well. Upper management hates it when new product pics leak out.The Challenger is a red blooded American two door car( Well Canadians are American too! They call it North America after all!) Go hang out around Ontario, There are four, probaly five cars now that are undergoing tests and retooling at the factory, Which im told will start rolling them out in late september,each one is wearing a new color that will only be available on the Challenger models. On certain nights of the week, mostly late at night you can see one or moredrive by, or fly by!

Old 05-19-2007, 04:37 AM
DurangoDango

It looks like that shot is from a dealership though. Where exactly was it?

Quick Reply: Odd Charger SRT8 Mule