Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

[SPYPIC] Dodge Charger!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Explorer_97
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: [SPYPIC] Dodge Charger!

To clarify, that isn't a spy photo....its a CGI. In the print edition, the credit line reads "Photo Illustration"

Old 09-13-2004, 07:50 PM
red91RT
Veteran

hmmm. I like it.

But I like ugly. I've written my name in specifically on my Father's will for his '61 Lancer Wagon.[sm=smiley2.gif]

Maybe I could get someone to photochop my neon so I can get some ideas for a really ugly custom car as part of the project? I could chop the top. . . (oh, that didn't go over too well for Lone Wulf.)

Old 09-13-2004, 08:06 PM
Hemi RT
Professional

If that is a production CHarger the person who gave the "Go Ahead" better start looking for a new job. That " T H I N G " isn't going to sell.[sm=badidea.gif][sm=forgetit.gif][sm=imsorry.gif][sm=nothatway.gif][sm=noooo.gif][sm=smiley35.gif][sm=smiley35.gif]

Old 09-14-2004, 06:53 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks to me like someone photo shopped a different nose onto a Crossfire, the whole car rear of the nose is all Crossfire. That just doesn't look right or good either.[:'(]

Old 09-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Kingelvis
Rookie

It's better than the Car and Driver illustration. This looks very much like the GM full size (sigma platform) Opel coupe from the European auto show circuit of 2004. The fact that it's a two door alone is reason to doubt this is anything like the real thing.

Old 09-14-2004, 10:12 PM
Explorer_97

That chop is based on the Bentley Continental GT:
http://www.bentleymotors.com/minisit...er.jsp?lang=en

Old 09-15-2004, 12:41 AM
scatpackmopar
Veteran

If you go to Dodge-Charger.com you will find that exact picture on thier message boards. It is from a magazine article and it isn't a spy shot of the future Charger. We will see the Charger in February at Daytona unless you see a NASCAR version at a test track before that. Like the previous response it looks a lot like the bentley and the new Audi. It even has some of the lines from the Crossfire if you look at it just right. The other pictures floating around from Car and Driver look like a what if picture that could have been the Barracuda if Plymouth was still around. Unless someone see's a real life picture of the Charger it is just rumor!

Old 09-15-2004, 01:57 AM
Explorer_97

ORIGINAL: scatpackmopar

If you go to Dodge-Charger.com you will find that exact picture on thier message boards. It is from a magazine article and it isn't a spy shot of the future Charger. We will see the Charger in February at Daytona unless you see a NASCAR version at a test track before that. Like the previous response it looks a lot like the bentley and the new Audi. It even has some of the lines from the Crossfire if you look at it just right. The other pictures floating around from Car and Driver look like a what if picture that could have been the Barracuda if Plymouth was still around. Unless someone see's a real life picture of the Charger it is just rumor!
Actually it should show up at NAIAS....but there will be real spy photos before that....I hope.

Old 09-24-2004, 02:58 AM
BIGMOPAR

Hi everybody im new and this looks like a great site anyway i wanted to comment on this picture if anyone has seen the Nascar pics the grille in this car looks alot like it! I hope this isnt the new Charger Because it is Very Very Ugly! and i for one don't want a Euro Charger![:@]

Old 09-24-2004, 03:54 AM
jhalfhill
Rookie

You're all wrong. It's a photoshopped Bentley Continental GT.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7286/DF12D9D224504C148760E163B1D25917.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: [SPYPIC] Dodge Charger!