Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

[SPYPIC] Dodge Charger!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 09:26 AM
fortywillys
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: [SPYPIC] Dodge Charger!

Maybe if i back over it a few times with my 3/4 ford it will look better[sm=smiley15.gif][sm=icon_sneaky.gif]

Old 09-24-2004, 09:48 AM
drtelco
Professional

I'd rather have the 40 ******

Old 09-28-2004, 09:07 PM
redriderbob
Banned

From allpar.com

The Dodge Charger has now been confirmed by Chrysler. Expect it to be shown in January 2005 at the North American International Auto Show, with production slated for February-March of next year, on dealer lots by mid April. It will also show up at the Daytona 500 in February, according to Detroit News.

Car & Driver claims to have obtained sketches of the Charger - they ran both on the front cover and in a spread, so expect to see "official" sketches from Chrysler before the introduction.

The new Charger, which will be a 2006 model, will be based on the LX platform (the Chrysler 300 and the Dodge Magnum also ride on this platform). While the front door area, hood line and windshield are similar, sources report that no sheet metal is shared between the 300/Magnum and the Charger. However, Chrysler engineers do note that changing the "beltline" (where the metal reaches the passenger windows) would be very expensive, as would other major sheet metal changes. That's why the Magnum and 300 are so close.

Unlike past Chargers, the 2006 model will be a traditional four door sedan, with regular doors as found on the 300 or Magnum. The front end is high, with the leading edge located at the hood line near the headlights and grill. Headlights on the car will be rather large, almost truck-like, with dark surrounds to give a, "smoked out" aftermarket look. The grill, a traditional Dodge crosshair, adorns the blunt front end. The looks are bound to be controversial - but just as the 300 looks better in person, we're going to save criticism for the real thing.

The rear end will bear a strong resemblance to the Super8 Hemi concept from a few years back, as well as the LH based 300M. Some other notable design clues are the rear fenders, which rise up over the rear wheel wells and flow into the rather large taillights. The rear doors are said to be somewhat hidden looking, so the overall feel of the car is reminiscent of a coupe. The roof line slopes towards the rear window (unlike the 300C), and the glass is slightly recessed, to tie in retro cues from 1968 Chargers. Some believe a high-mounted, chromed filler cap will be used as a further retro cue.

Ward's believes that a six-speed manual transmission will be used on the SRT-8, but that seems unlikely to us. Chrysler is using six-speed manuals on many trucks (standardizing on six speeds for 2005 models).

The base engine will be the 3.5 liter V6, with an optional 5.7L Hemi V8, but not the 2.7. Only the SRT-8 version will have the 6.1L V8 from the Chrysler 300C SRT-8. The SRT-8 model is said to have 0-60 numbers of under 5 seconds, with handling comparable to the base Corvette.

redriderbob

Old 09-29-2004, 01:11 AM
thump186
Record Breaker

thats exactly what my sales man at the dealer told me yesterday the charger will be out real soon.Dc has told them exspect a surprise for the 2005 race season with the intrepid being all done hmmmmmmmmm let me think. i was also told by him that it will be available with the 6.1 hemi and the magnum is also going to have the 6.1 available and an all wheel drive option available.

Old 09-29-2004, 01:35 AM
redriderbob
Banned

Car and Driver's 2006 Dodge Charger Drawing:

Allpar's Spy Shots:

Pretty close match... kinda disapointed though, was hoping for a little more aerodynamic styling and more cues from the 1999 Dodge Charger R/T Concept Car. This car shouldn't be named Charger in my opinion. But a two-door version of the car would be good. Coronet or just keeping Intrepid would have been a good move in my opinion. I still think I rathier have a Magnum RT instead.

redriderbob

Old 09-30-2004, 12:45 PM
shiltz
Captain

i'm disapointed too, don't get me wrong, it's definatly a nice looking car, but a charger it's not, they really wouldn't even have to do a lot to make it acceptable of being a charger but the main thing is the one they seem so unwilling to do, 2 doors, I don't know what is with the dodge engineers and 4 doors but they really need to stop with it, 4 doors don't belong on every vehicle the make, aside from the getting rid of the 2 extra doors the other main change they should make IMO is drop the 300 rear end, it looks so out of place on the car, it needs it's own rear end, preferably with a little bit of a retro cue to it like the 99 concept.

Old 01-12-2005, 11:25 AM
chrgr

The Chief Engineer of the new Dodge Charger will be taking questions in a live chat on Thursday night 9pm ET/6pm ET. Chat with Burke Brown, Chrysler Group's Chief Engineer of the Rear-wheel-drive Platform Team, about the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger. http://www.edmunds.com/townhall/chat...hat011305.html (no registration needed for the chat)

Quick Reply: [SPYPIC] Dodge Charger!