Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Did anyone see the Wrangler Ultimate?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Did anyone see the Wrangler Ultimate?

Jeep's second SEMA Concept: the Wrangler Ultimate
AutoBlog.com

click above image to view 16 high-res pics of the Jeep Wrangler Ultimate

Jeep is not only going to display its JT Concept at the 2007 SEMA Show, but also this vehicle, the Wrangler Ultimate. Not that the new four-door Wrangler Limited needs any more exposure (demand is currently outsripping supply for the popular configuration), but the Wrangler Limited takes that vehicle and adds some urban flair to make it more eye-catching to the valet crowd.

The Wrangler Ultimate gets the same rock-crawling hardware showcased on the JT Concept, which includes a 3-inch lift kit and 35-inch BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires, but also gets a set of handsome forged 18-inch aluminum wheels from Alcoa. The Jeep design team decided to dump the entire Mopar catalogue of accessories on the Wrangler Ultimate's exterior, which gets some fancy sparkle and shine from ts chrome fuel filler door, taillamp guards, tubular side steps, exterior mirrors, tow hooks, door handles, hood hinges, and overlays for the front fascia. The Liquid Charcoal Pearl Coat exterior paint color is not available from the factory, either.

The Wrangler Ultimate's interior also gets the show car treatment with seats upholstered in a mesh fabric and trimmed in dark slate gary Nappa/Province leather bound with a heavy black leather baseball stitch. There are additional orange trim pieces on the steering wheel, shift **** and passenger handlebar, while the floor shifter appears to have a wooden trim piece, as well. Again, don't expect the Wrangler Ultimate to be an option package anytime soon, but at least Jeep has proven that you can dress up its weekend warrior.

Check out the high-res gallery full of 16 high-res pics of the Jeep Wrangler Ultimate.

[Source: Jeep]

Gallery: Jeep Wrangler Ultimate Concept[/align][/align][/align]

Old 06-15-2007, 11:16 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Did anyone see the Wrangler Ultimate?

Yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards a Jeep when I move to Colorado next spring.........

Dusty

Old 06-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Dakota_24

I like it; if it was out when I bought my Magnum last year; I would've bought this instead! I actually like it better than the Grand Cherokee.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:02 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

Nice, but isnt this a bit low-key for a SEMA rig? I thought the Rubicon King was more along the lines of what I would drool over...

Old 06-20-2007, 08:14 PM
LongBowHunter

If Jeep would take that same frame and body and make it into a truck with a 3 liter diesel motor I would buy one . I have a 2000 Wrangler and a 2000 Dakota .I always liked the scramblers

Old 06-20-2007, 09:06 PM
LongBowHunter

OOPS
I posted before I saw the Jeep Wrangler JT Concept truck
I want one

Old 07-27-2007, 04:34 AM
kent_08
Rookie

This wrangler truck needs a decent engine. Untill then its an also ran to me. FJ is better for the money. How they designed a new jeep that got a lot heavier then they threw in a minivan 3.8 engine from 20 years ago is beyond me. Should have kept the 4.0 at a minimum. 0-60 in 11.6 seconds? comon. And I know its meant for slow offorading, but it has no power for that either. Quite depressing...

Old 07-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

i kinda like the new grand cherokees better. i havent seen a lifted one yet, but i think it would look badass. i saw one at tractor supply the other day with the hemi in it. i didnt know they put a hemi in the GC's, buti know my dads big heavy ram with the hemi in it is freakin fast for a fullsize pickup, so i can only imagine how fast a lightweight jeep with the hemi would be.

Quick Reply: Did anyone see the Wrangler Ultimate?