Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Autoblog takes on Gratiot Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Autoblog takes on Gratiot Cruise

Also check these links:

https://dodgeforum.com/m_855422/tm.htm- Muscle
https://dodgeforum.com/m_855424/tm.htm - Classics

Autoblog takes on Gratiot: Cars don't have to be old to be cruise-worthy
Posted Jun 20th 2007 2:32PM by Chris Shunk
Filed under: Sedans/Saloons, Sports/GTs, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Ford, GM, Ferrari

Click on the image above to view the high-resolution gallery

As big as the muscle car market has become, not everybody wants to spend their weekends working on a vehicle that gets 8 mpg while still reaching 60mph slower than a V6 Accord. For some, their everyday transportation has become their passion. Other vehicles, like the 80's Monte Carlo or Buick Grand National, are collectible because they act as newer versions of the muscle cars of the 60s and 70s, but with smaller price tags.

While Gratiot avenue still reserved most of its space for vehicles that are older than I am, plenty of newer classics had their day in the (hot) sun as well. Our favorite was the Ferrari 328 GTS Fiero dressed up in its best Italian suit, and was on sale for "only" $13,000. There were three or four Prowlers, a few souped-up PT Cruisers, plenty of Corvettes, and a couple of Vipers as well. There was even a Dodge Nitro that someone dropped at least $15,000 on. Take a look at the high-res image gallery of our 80's-and-up shots from the Gratiot Cruise.

Gallery: Gratiot Cruise 80s-Today[/align][/align]

Old 06-21-2007, 05:46 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Autoblog takes on Gratiot Cruise

I used to live two blocks away from that at my old house in eastpointe. Just walked to the end of my street and I was at the cruise. The dodge dealer in the back ground is colonial dodge for those that don't live around here. I have gone every year except this year due to my recent health issues. I like it better then the Woodward cruise. Its a bit smaller, Woodward has become too commercial for me. And way too crowded!

Old 06-21-2007, 10:31 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

WOW! I really like that hornet wagon sitting on cragar SS mags with the 5.0 badge on it! Talk about a unique and fun ride.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:35 AM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker

I will not even drive NEAR Gratiot on any given summer night. Most of the time it is a bunch of teenage kids driving like idiots.

Quick Reply: Autoblog takes on Gratiot Cruise