Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Top 5 Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in June

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Top 5 Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in June

Top 5 Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in June

1. Ford F-Series 65,156 -0.5
2. Chevrolet Silverado 44,955 -23.5
3. Dodge Ram 31,114 -3.9
4. Toyota Tundra 21,727 146.3
5. GMC Sierra 15,187 -26.5

Source: Autodata Corp.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top 5 Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in June

Hah, so much for the "mighty" Tundra. I had one following me on the interstate the other day, didn't know what it was at first I just kept thinking "man that thing is ugly". Then when it got closer I saw it was a Tundra, they really do look like toyota ripped off the Ram front end and screwed it up.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep. It also looks like the new Camry ripped off the Mazda 3 front end and screwed that up too.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol I knew that front end reminded me of something, now that you say that you're completely right.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:35 PM
rumpumpkin
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Darn, I was hoping to see the Ram at the bottom of the list! Sorry, but I have an ulterior motive of seeking deeper rebates...lol. I kinda like the looks of the Tundra...but then again there is something a little off about it. I think the view from the side and rear is ok, but the front end just looks a little cartoonish maybe. My wife and I looked at the Tundra just for grins, and did like some of the interior features. They actually addressed a few pet peeves of mine about the Ram interior. First off, the rear seats recline and slide fore and aft. I've always wondered why they didn't do this in the Mega Cab, because it would be nice to adjust legroom versus behind seat storage. Also, the Tundra has a rear center head restraint. Those of us with more than 2.5 kids are always looking for equal safety measures in all seating positions. And the front center seat also has a head restraint and lap/shoulder belt. Not really rocket science, but definitely evidence of sweatin' the details.

I just can't figure out why people buy so many Fords?

Old 07-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Dakota_24

It's all due to History, and the simple fact that it goes to show; that no matter how many doo-dads, and junk that the Japs think that everyone wants; the history of a legend still out sells doo-dads and toys. Now don't get me wrong; I am a huge, huge Dodge Ram fan and will never stop, but I've always got respect for the legendary F-Series.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:43 AM
Rammin99
Amateur

Ok guys...but doesn't anyone else think this is a little deceiving?? Reason being is that the Ferd F series goes all the way up to the F 450, which is a popular choice for construction crews and farmers, and I would also imagine for fifth wheel towers. The other brands don't go up that high, and stop at the equivilent of an F 350. Correct me if I'm wrong. It also makes me mad that the F450 is what they use on their TV ads saying they can tow more than any other pickup (read the fine print at the bottom of your screen) Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:26 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

Do they count the F-450 in the sales ratings? GM (Chevy, GMC) has a 4500 and 5500 version of their new ones, too. Dodge has the 4500/5500 in development as a chassis cab, but you can put a bed on that.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:23 PM
anthem ss

For those of us that are "older", the front of a Tundra looks like a Cylon warrior from the old TV series Battlestar Gallactica. Not the updated series on FX but the old one from the 70's. Check it out, it think they rerun on there or one of the other cable channels.

Quick Reply: Top 5 Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in June