Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

2008 Dodge Dakota: Now With Crate 'N Go

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2008 Dodge Dakota: Now With Crate 'N Go

2008 Dodge Dakota: Now With Crate 'N Go
http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...odge-dako.html[/align][/align][/align][/align]Chrysler created Stow 'N Go — second-row seats that stow in pockets in the floor of its minivans to expand cabin cargo capacity — and Swivel 'N Go, which lets those second-row seats swivel around to face the third row. You can even install a companion table between the two rows so the kids can lunch or play games while you drive. [/align][/align]But Chrysler can't have all the fun. [/align][/align]Mark Kudla, senior manager of product planning at Chrysler, says "We saved an 'N Go for Dodge."[/align][/align]It's called Crate 'N Go, and it's offered as standard equipment in all but the base Crew Cab versions of the redesigned 2008 Dodge Dakota pickup, and it ranks up there with the cupholder as one of the neatest novelties in the industry.[/align][/align]Crate 'N Go resembles those stackable plastic storage containers used to hold toys, games and stuffed animals in kids’ rooms, or those mini milk cartons at school. To make them practical in a vehicle, Chrysler made them collapsible so they can be stored flat under the rear seat bottom cushions.[/align][/align]Lift the 60/40-split rear seat cushions, and a few flat sheets of plastic rest under each. Pull up the sides, snap them in place like Legos and you've created two stowage crates that lock into the rear floor so you can carry groceries or the kids’ soccer or baseball gear without it being tossed about the cabin. [/align][/align]Once home, just press the release lever and the crates remove so you can carry the groceries inside. When you’re done, fold them flat and put them back under the seats, out of the way.[/align][/align]Kudla said Chrysler is looking at putting Crate 'N Go in other vehicles in the future.[/align][/align]"All I need is 1.5 inches of space under the seat to install them," he said.[/align]

Old 09-04-2007, 03:44 PM
viper359
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Dodge Dakota: Now With Crate 'N Go

I like that new feature. So many times I needed something to hold smaller stuff in the back of my truck. The fact it folds down, and hides after your done is fantastic!! Beats the milk crates I have to take out everytime I need the space.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's kinda cool....... ...but, I dunno, I feel like the dakota just became a soccer mom vehicle[&:]

Old 09-04-2007, 07:48 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

I just saw that today lol I thought they had just forgot somthing in it lol

Old 09-04-2007, 08:47 PM
DakotaStone
Champion

I like that. Considering there isn't enough room in the back under the rear seat to really stow anything.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Agreed. Though I don't drivea Dakota. I think it's a great addition and idea.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Natedogg625
Record Breaker

Hey I have that already...I have 4 milkcrates, Granted they dont collapsebut they serve the same purpose. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 09-06-2007, 12:09 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 09-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: SHAPman

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Well at least the new 4.7 is exciting (although it royally sucks for us since the aftermarket will completely ignore the 05-07's now, thanks Dodge)

Quick Reply: 2008 Dodge Dakota: Now With Crate 'N Go