Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

chrysler deal soon to be approved

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 03:01 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chrysler deal soon to be approved

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...TO01/710250425

Well it looks like we are going to sell out our kids to get this contract through. Yeah that 2 tier crap worked out at delphi pretty well. I guess that is what I have to look forward to. We are now officially winning the race to the bottom. Woo Hoo!

Oh yeah this is the reward GM workers got for a similar turd of a contract.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...TO01/710250335

Old 10-25-2007, 09:53 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: chrysler deal soon to be approved

With regaurds to the GM cuts.... The economy is headed, really already started into, a recession (Not good for the republicans next Nov). Many companies are begining to cut back. Why should auto makers not be able to cut back on unneeded work force during slow times? If automakers are "required" to keep work force during slow times that means the cost per unit goes up. If the cost per unit rises, prices will rise.

Now, the flip side to the above is more workers sitting at home draining the economy (unemployment, welfare, ect).

There has to be a balance, this we know.

I would like to add these slow times are not an automaker issue or product issue. There are those who say the automakers should have had these fuel efficient cars (smart car kind of things) in production to aid in fuel costs (to help the economy spend money on other items than fuel). News flash, they are in production, you can even get them in the US. (http://www.smartusa.com/). So why do we not not see the big automakers doing things like this? It is not because the automakers can not build them, sure they can. The majority of the consumers in the US do not want them, if demand is low the US automakers are not going to build them. The majority of the buyers are still buying SUV type vehicles as they feel style and sizeis more important. They ratherpay the extra money to drive them or simply drive less rather thandrive a smart car. It is the consumer that determines the product line, well them and government regualtions. Maybe we are all at fault??

The whole problem isa enconomy wide issue. If auto workers think they have it bad, they should talk to people in the residential building world. I do not know what the fix is and I am SURE GLAD I do not have that responsibilty to figure that out. Like 99.9% of Americans I am along for the ride, the good and the bad.

While some will agree with my comments, and some will notI want to make it clear Idonot like to seeanyone get laid off or loose their job (the hard working ones).

Old 10-26-2007, 02:50 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler deal soon to be approved

I understand exactly what your saying. Its just we have been cutting for the past 5-8 years. We can't cut our way out of this. We need good people at the top to make smart choices. Unlike the stupid choices they have been making. These men get paid very well to steer these companies. If I did my job as well as they have done theirs I would be out of a job. Not getting the bonuses that they are. I have no problem with them making good money when they are doing a good job, but they are not. But yet its those of us at the bottom that get to pay the price.

Yes the one state recession is now spreading. There is an underlying reason as well. People need to stop putting imports in their driveways. Not only are they hurting the big 3, but also the hundreds of thousands that are suppliers, and dealers. All in all the big three keep almost 1.5 million people working. Hopefully America will wake up before its too late.

Quick Reply: chrysler deal soon to be approved