Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Return of the Dodge Aspen?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 03:54 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Return of the Dodge Aspen?

One of the members over at allpar.com, just released this information he found from the United States Patent Office, in which DaimlerChrysler's Chrysler Group has filed for the name Aspen on a Sport Utility Vehicle...

ASPEN (filed 10/28/04 - MOTOR VEHICLES, NAMELY SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES AND THEIR STRUCTURAL PARTS AND ENGINES)

Now remember, the Aspen was a semi-popular Dodge passenger car in the late 70's, and early 80's. But word around Chrysler Group, has been Dodge is looking to fill the hole left by the past generation Durango in the mid-size class, since the Durango is now at Tahoe/Expedition size limits now! Dodge released the Dodge Avenger Concept two years ago, which was a mid-size crossover. Could this mean a midsize crossover for the Dodge brand? I will try to find out more.

1980 Dodge Aspen SE:

2003 Dodge Avenger Concept:

redriderbob

Old 11-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Return of the Dodge Aspen?

Here are my pics of the Avenger Concept:

2003 NAIAS.

~Amanda

Old 11-17-2004, 05:59 PM
Raxstone
Rookie

ORIGINAL: redriderbob

One of the members over at allpar.com, just released this information he found from the United States Patient Office, in which DaimlerChrysler's Chrysler Group has filed for the name Aspen on a Sport Utility Vehicle...

redriderbob
I just have to ask -- what exactly is the United States Patient Office, and what does it have to do with Chrysler filing a name for an SUV? Do they expect it to run over a lot of people, thus producing lots of new emergency room patients shouting, 'I've been run over by an Aspen?' Does that mean that Chrysler must pay inordinate sums of money to the Medicare system in order to produce this new Aspen?

I'm not picking on you specifically, you aren't the first one that I've seen posting about this United States Patient Office.

Old 11-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not Patient... Patent... they copyrighted the name Aspen so no other company can use it before they decide to.

~Amanda

Old 11-17-2004, 07:30 PM
Kingelvis
Rookie

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE not another truck.

Aspen was a top seller. That F body is derided today, but it made up the bulk of Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge sales. You could still have bought the giant new yorker from '77, but most people were going for the Lebaron in droves. In fact the Lebaron was an extension of the Cordoba - i.e. a 'small' Chrysler.

Aspen name started life as a 1971 four door Plymouth Fury auto show car. It came in white with the rallye wheels and had a standard roof mounted ski rack.

Aspen is not a bad name. The ski area in Colorado is for the ultra rich - just make the car have plenty of prestige to match the name.

Old 11-17-2004, 08:43 PM
NeonGal27
Veteran

Man that would be awsome! My first car was a yellow and brown 1978 dodge aspen. Hey was nice too. Only had 35000 miles on it. My dads friend sold it to us for $1500.00. One day though the oil light came on when I was on HWY 63. I ignored it because I didnt know what it meant until I heard this terrible noise. It sounded like someoen was taking a screwdrive and trying to stop the fan in the engine with it. Then....smoke......lots of smoke. I immediatley pulled over and no one would stop. For living out in BFE and everyone knows everyone no one would stop for me. I had to take my sun dash visor and flip it over to the side that states, "HELP CALL POLCE". I was 18 years old and running down the highway hanging that over my head until a guy that worked with my dad at the prison pulled over to help me. .......Verdict. Engine gone. Had to be replaced.

Old 11-18-2004, 06:04 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Hmm... a poor performing, poorly built namesake. Yeah lets bring that back, but don't stop there bring back the just as unpopular volare' as well![:@] Those cars were junk, we had one with the infamous leanburn system in it. What a piece of crap!

Joe

Old 11-18-2004, 09:23 AM
denman383
Professional

lol volare!!!
lol patient!!!

no aspen!!!!

how bout the new charger...mopar muscle mag had a write up on it and
it was purty kewl especially the tail lights (they were like the '69)

Old 11-18-2004, 11:26 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah...a 4 door "muscle car"...thats cool alright...

about as cool as being kicked in the nuts.

Old 11-19-2004, 09:44 AM
denman383
Professional

can't really tell it's a four door....i've got a four door neon, I never knew how convient it would be. kinda hard to get a car seat behind the seat of a two door. (i know the next question "who would put a carseat in a muscle car?" well you wanna drive it and the wife and the kids wanna go...so no scuffing the door jabs, backs of the seats, lifting the seat up
ah i'm ramblin on now.....4-doors are OK if they are designed right like the SRT-4

Quick Reply: Return of the Dodge Aspen?