Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Challenger SE & R/T packages announced!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 07:31 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Challenger SE & R/T packages announced!

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

I actually like the slight changes they made to the interior for the Challenger...I dont know what it is exactly, but I think it looks great in this car (except that steering wheel, something "sporty" and retro please Dodge??).

If they can keep this thing priced right (both SE and R/T), Dodge may actually have a descent seller on its hands. I still cant believe the (estimated) $10,000 price difference for not much extra performance though...
Exactly, that is why the 6.1 needs a redesign like the 5.7 has. Plus with more 5.7s running around there will be more aftermarket options.

I will say this based on pics though, the interior will be comparted to the new Dodge standard (09 Ram) and fall short. Once again this is based on what I see in the pics.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The interior changes, from what I can see, are that they made the upper half of the trim gray, as well, instead of making it that tan color...

Old 03-19-2008, 08:33 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Frenchy

The interior changes, from what I can see, are that they made the upper half of the trim gray, as well, instead of making it that tan color...
The Changes are very subtle...like the center stack is shorter, the dash area around the gauge cluster is "smoother", the center HVAC ***** and general layout have changed, the center console has been changed, and thats all I've really noticed. Like I said, very subtle and far from earth shattering, but still they make it looker better then previously.

2008 Magnum R/T Interior:

2009 Challenger R/T Interior:

Old 03-20-2008, 01:31 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

nice to see allpar watermarking photos that they have nothing to do with...

i cannot find any official word on this information. perhaps more safe assumptions claimed as fact by the good people at allpar?
LOL That's all they do is take **** and claim it as their own. And then they cry and whine when they arent properly represented on other forums.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:04 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: 79LRT

They need to offer the 4.0 l 6 with a 5 or 6 speed manual and get 30 mpg hiway for 25,000 or less than they will sell enough to make money on them . jmo.
your opinion isnt a bad one, but a few things to think about...

first, with an I6, there is a completely different engine bay layout needed...and i dont think that an american company has offered an I6 car since the 70s. V6s are "the thing"...

second, the 3.5L is a good engine. we had a 300 with the 3.5, and on a long trip, we got up around 30mpg, and we got much better mileage than the 2.7L magnum or charger that we had previously...also, the automatic backed 3.5L 300 put a hurting to my stratus rt coupe...its a pretty stout engine. i think that if they could squeeze a little more power out of it, the 3.5 would be a formidable opponent for the base stang and camaro, but it NEEDS a manual transmission.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:30 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

ORIGINAL: 79LRT

They need to offer the 4.0 l 6 with a 5 or 6 speed manual and get 30 mpg hiway for 25,000 or less than they will sell enough to make money on them . jmo.
your opinion isnt a bad one, but a few things to think about...

first, with an I6, there is a completely different engine bay layout needed...and i dont think that an american company has offered an I6 car since the 70s. V6s are "the thing"...

second, the 3.5L is a good engine. we had a 300 with the 3.5, and on a long trip, we got up around 30mpg, and we got much better mileage than the 2.7L magnum or charger that we had previously...also, the automatic backed 3.5L 300 put a hurting to my stratus rt coupe...its a pretty stout engine. i think that if they could squeeze a little more power out of it, the 3.5 would be a formidable opponent for the base stang and camaro, but it NEEDS a manual transmission.
He's referring to the Jeep 4.0L which is an I-6. Actually the Chevy Trailblazer has used an I-6, and Ford had one in the F-series and bronco up til '96 also. As 6 cyls go, I think its a superior design in terms of smoothness, longevity and production of gobs of torque. But I agree with you that for the Chally, the 3.5L is a much better choice, although the 4.0 V-6 would be even better. The Jeep I-6 is a bit antiquated even if it is a proven engine. Its a lot better suited to Jeeps, but only as a base engine. My '00 Wrangler struggles with 4.0/5spd pulling 32" tires. Ive been saying since day 1 that it needs a v-8.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:38 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

MAN!!! I just went to the AllPar site and saw the B5 blue. Thats beautiful! Cobalt-ish blues are pretty much my favorite color anyway. BUT on the other hand at first I thought the silver ones were white. Id really like to have one Kowalski-style, myself. I just hope someone comes out with an aftermarket shift know with a little more pistol in the grip...

Old 03-20-2008, 08:02 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran

There will be plenty of vendors to do the Pistol Grip "wood version" if not already out there.

Not sure how many of you noticed, but I was surprised and pleased to see a pretty sizeable list of Performance Parts listed at the end of the Allpar thread. Assuming all of this is accurate, pretty sweeet right out of the gate. Headers, cold air kits, 2 ram air hood versions, suspension parts.

Nice!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:05 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

keep in mind that much of the performance parts for the challenger are slightly adapted items from the LX vehicles...

i know what 4.0 he meant, but i was speaking of I6s in general. i havent owned a 4.0 vehicle, but the cherokees that ive driven were fun to drive, and ive seen one with a blower in the 12s.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:44 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran

So what's wrong with that? The whole car is "slightly adapted" from the LX

Quick Reply: Challenger SE & R/T packages announced!