Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Challenger SE & R/T packages announced!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 08:34 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Challenger SE & R/T packages announced!

im not saying that its a bad thing...i didnt mean to come across like that. its just that ive spoken to some people who didnt realize that some of the parts would cross over to the challenger from the charger, 300, or magnum.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:16 AM
dodgebrothers
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it, no problem.

I also saw where Chrysler execs specifically mentioned the Mopar Performance area for where "enthusiasts can customize their Challengers" in the NY show reveal of the '09s. This is just stuff, unfortunately DCX never really pushed...glad to see it !!

BTW the specs you wanted on the Challenger appear to be downloadable at Dodge.com now. Have not done it so myself yet.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:24 PM
79LRT
Professional

Iwas refering to the new 4.0 thats in the minivans and nitro r/t. but eithier 3.5 or 4.0 will need to have a manual tranny option. It should also get at least 30mpg hiway and priced under $25,000.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:51 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Exclusive Challenger SE Production Photos!!!

Ok, so I know that these arent the best pictures in the world, but I was somewhere that I probably shouldnt have been, and the good people are Dodge were kind enough to let this car sit around, and I capitalized...

Take a good look at these two pictures. I only got two as I needed to be in and out, but this is, by my opinion, clearly a Challenger SE production model.

Single, tiny exhaust, no wing, no badging on the grille, no hood stripe, no hood badges, 17 inch aluminum wheels. you can see a test apparatus of some sort attached to the passenger side of the car.

Enjoy, and NO reproduction without full credit..thank you!! Unlike other sites that watermark Dodge stock photos, these are photos that I took, and you wont find these particular photos anywhere else.

Now for the pictures..

Old 03-21-2008, 09:21 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker
Default RE: Exclusive Challenger SE Production Photos!!!

nice pics.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks kind of wierd like that...

[&:]

Old 03-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

I dont think it looks too bad, I dont like the back without the spoiler though, it is too turned down...

Old 03-23-2008, 04:59 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran

Nice shots. The deck lid looks nice and clean without the spoiler, though I do like the spoiler.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:13 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

yeah, its the wussiest challenger out there. But Id still take it over an Avenger or Sebring or any other sedan (which wont be any cheaper, btw) just the same. A v-6 model makes a lot of sense. Its a way to put a nice looking car that has halfway decent performance into the hands of people who want muscle car looks but not v-8 fuel economy or insurance costs. Its worked for the mustang and camaro/firebird for years so Chryco would be crazy not to do the same.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:17 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

i know what 4.0 he meant, but i was speaking of I6s in general. i havent owned a 4.0 vehicle, but the cherokees that ive driven were fun to drive, and ive seen one with a blower in the 12s.
I dont doubt that for a second. JeepSpeed (that bunch that races modified cherokeesdown in Baja)has engines punched out to 4.0 liters and/or supercharged. The 4.0 may cost more to tweak than a chevy 350, but it just goes to show that engine has a ton of untapped potential for performance. When they first put it in the wrangler in '91, if you got it with the 5 spd, that made the fastest 0-60 sprint in any 4x4 available in america at something like 8.2 seconds. Naturally that was before OBDII which IMHO really sapped the power of every car it got installed on.

Quick Reply: Challenger SE & R/T packages announced!