Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Charger Exposed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 11:21 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Charger Exposed!!!

thats funny you should mention that tj....i took a poop the other day...and i got up,and glanced down at it and i thought...look at that...the new cuda...

i was gonna take a picture and send it to DCX, but i dont want my name mentioned along creeds...

Old 01-05-2005, 12:14 PM
dakota2112
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hemi RT

What a disappointment. WHY ...WHY...is the interrior THE SAME!!!!! as the Magnum? Is that what the production is going to be? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard or seen of. Why reserect a car and use the same interior for a same production car of the same year! Besides is it just me or does the back end look too much like a Mitsubishi Galant?

WHat do ya'll think?
Maybe I'm the only one with this viewpoint, but... I personally don't mind if a car shares interior features with its sibling. I don't really even know what the interior of the Magnum looks like, so I wouldn't make the connection, but if you say the Charger interior looks like the Magnum interior, then I believe you... and that's really no big deal to me (remember, this entire discussion is subjective so it's all a matter of opinion). For one thing, I would think that if they designed an all-new interior for the Charger, then the associated costs would trickle directly into the car's price, making it more expensive. Albeit maybe only slightly more, but things add up you know. Aside from that, I guess it really just doesn't matter to me too much what a car's interior is like anyways, as long as it's nice inside of course. The few times that I've purchased a brand new vehicle, I certainly didn't shop around based on what the interior was like... in fact, my philosophy is to just learn to live with whatever interior happens to come with the vehicle I've already decided on. For me, the interior of a car is very secondary to other features.

I agree, the back end of the Charger leaves a lot to be desired, as I've described in an earlier post.

And as I expected, many people are puking all over these new Charger pictures, and they have every right to. But I don't think this car looks nearly as bad as I thought it would when I first saw the lime-green C&D images. Sure, I would change some things if I could... I would make the nose have a more retro 68 look w/ blacked out grille and ROUND headlights, and maybe a little more front overhang. I would add a second curve on the body to give it that "double coke-bottle" fuselage. Maybe have the rear glass be a little more recessed to better simulate the tunnelback of the 68-70.

So don't get the idea that I think this is the "perfect" Charger. But I do think it looks better than I thought it would initially.

This car's name is both a blessing and a curse, that's for sure. But hope remains... people over in Allpar have been dropping hints at things still-to-come. This may or may not mean anything, but... I have noticed that many sources refer to this not as just the "Charger", but often times it's printed as the "Charger sedan"... hopefully implying that there someday will be another sibling, the "Charger coupe" or some other variant, to please the disgruntled market share.

Old 01-12-2005, 11:14 AM
chrgr

The Chief Engineer of the new Dodge Charger will be taking questions in a live chat on Thursday night 9pm ET/6pm ET. Chat with Burke Brown, Chrysler Group's Chief Engineer of the Rear-wheel-drive Platform Team, about the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger. http://www.edmunds.com/townhall/chat...hat011305.html (no registration needed for the chat)

Old 01-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The interior of that Charger looks very similar to all their other makes other than the Magnum. Has some similarities from Dakota and Durango's too. Very very dull look from the effects of mass production of all their vehicles!

For the target group of adults that makes 60k to 90k? Hmm, I seriously doubt any of those guys would even look at a domestic toy like this charger for the mid 30k sticker price. They be out driving BMW's, porsche's, etc. They will only consider looking at a Viper or a Vette for domestic vehicles.

Old 01-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Hemi RT
Professional

Kensai...are you saying that the Charger doesn't look like the Magnum inside? I'm asking cause from what I have seen. The CHarger IS the Magnum inside. Same interior.

Old 01-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I meant that other than looking like the Magnum, the interior dash and what not also looks similar to the Durango and Dakota's. All square and flat.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:24 PM
big asp
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Kensai

The interior of that Charger looks very similar to all their other makes other than the Magnum. Has some similarities from Dakota and Durango's too. Very very dull look from the effects of mass production of all their vehicles!

For the target group of adults that makes 60k to 90k? Hmm, I seriously doubt any of those guys would even look at a domestic toy like this charger for the mid 30k sticker price. They be out driving BMW's, porsche's, etc. They will only consider looking at a Viper or a Vette for domestic vehicles.
Vintage Chargers shared most of their interior components with the Coronet, the Polara and, yes, even the Dart. GM and Ford did/does the same. They have to to defer costs over a broad market base. Personally, I think the interior of the new Charger is one of the few visual highlights.

I know many, many guys, including myself, in the demographics you just mentioned who have been anxiously waiting for the new Charger. We are not Eurocar fans. We don't drive Beemers or Porsches. We prefer American Hot Rods and Musclecars, especially Mopars, and even have one or two in the garage. A Viper is awesome but doesn't fit my big butt (That's why I bought my truck). A Vette is a great car but doesn't stir my blood and it doesn't fit my big butt either. I am waiting to see the Charger in person before passing final judgement but am disappointed in the photos I've seen (This is subjective, so don't any of you DCX cheerleaders bother trying to convince me otherwise or accuse me of living in the past). If seeing one in person doesn't change my mind I'm buying a 300C and my wife is about 80% convinced to get an SRT-8.

There is my two cents for what it's worth.

Quick Reply: Charger Exposed!!!