Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

New info on Nissan's Ram-based Titan pickup

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 12:07 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New info on Nissan's Ram-based Titan pickup

the Titan is built in America, providing American's with jobs. The Ram is not,
Correction, the Hemi >engine< is imported from mexico

The point is, at least Nissan, Honda, And Toyota are not cutting 30k jobs in the united states. Or 60k, or 90k.
30k build jobs no. Corporate,finance, service, accounting, and other higher paying 60-90k jobs yes. They're wiring the money over to where ever. We really should stay out of the manufacturing industry somewhat, the money isn't there nor is the safety. Have someone else build it for less in another country like Nigeria (so they don't have time to scam us) while we gain profits andsit back with our service/banking jobs.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:39 AM
nemesis_SS
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and Canadians - which i am - build those cars here (in Ontario i think), and we pay MORE for them right up the street from the friggenfactory than they do wayon the other side of the UnitedStates, say in Arizona or something.

if outsourcing manufacturing jobsto make products cheaper isnt american, then i dont know what is...

...of course, i dont think thats the attitude that made the US, but i think thats what its becoming. And really it makes me sad. and lastly, i dont really see how its cheaper to build the cars here. then again, they built the factories when our dollar was at about 60 cents to the US dollar. i think thats a big part of it.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lots of misinformation in this thread.

Quick Reply: New info on Nissan's Ram-based Titan pickup