Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler to guarantee gas at $2.99 a gallon! For three years!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 11:37 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler to guarantee gas at $2.99 a gallon! For three years!

better look again on all the chrysler pages or on chryslerfinancial because there currently are NO public incentives being offered at this time... that means UNLESS you work for chrysler and are eligible for one of the employee variations, us regular customers are screwed into this one and only "incentive"... whoopee

Old 05-08-2008, 11:04 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It is a marketing ploy that will work. People paying $4 a gallon on the west coast will jump on this, boosting year end sales without actually really offering anything over and beyond what they are now. The buyers just will not realize the other incentives they are not getting because they were unaware of them to begin with. When they hear $2.99 per gallon they will react rather than invesitgate.

While it seems almost under handed by Chrysler, it was also smart. Hell, if by some crazy thing the dollar rebounds and oil falls they will make a killing.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: vipersforsale

better look again on all the chrysler pages or on chryslerfinancial because there currently are NO public incentives being offered at this time... that means UNLESS you work for chrysler and are eligible for one of the employee variations, us regular customers are screwed into this one and only "incentive"... whoopee

I dunno what you are talking about... http://www.chrysler.com/incentives/I...sController.do

They are actually pretty good incentives, we are planning on going up saturday to trade in our van, and on a new 08 we should be able to get about $7000 off of the sticker...

Old 05-08-2008, 03:33 PM
indianrefining

ORIGINAL: vipersforsale

actually it looks like the real catch is that Chrysler is not currently offering any other publicincentives at this time other than this program. And from what I figured, if gas stayed at around $3.50 a gal for a year, the savings would be a little over $1200 on this program of which is hardly enough reason to go run out and buy a new gas sucking Ram. That being the case, gas would have to go up to $4 a gal just to get $2400 out of the program... still not worth it. Its what they call a loss-leader, if it gets you in the door and you dont do the math it sounds like some kind of great deal but really its just the wool being pulled over your eyes.
$3.50 a gallon? I wish!!!

Old 05-08-2008, 04:21 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

Even worse, is that this costs Chrysler MORE money!!!! They already have issues with about 2/3's of their vehicles not being the best on gas mileage as it is.... and now this?

Just stupid IMO...
No it won't on most vehicles taking the gas card is cheaper for the company, but worse for the consumer. Think about would you take 1200 in gas, or 3000 in a rebate? Its the customers that come out as the losers here.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:50 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

ORIGINAL: SHAPman

Here is the catch, you will forfiet any national rebates/consumer/lease cash. Once again chrysler pulls a crappy incentive program. i.e. lease pull ahead, but then you lose lease loyalty. Doh!
Actually, no. This is what I found straight from the Chrysler website:

PROGRAM COMPATIBILITY: This program is compatible with the following program types, providing the vehicle meets all program eligibility requirements:
[ul][*]Chrysler LLC Employee Advantage/Employee Choice program[*]Dealership Employee Purchase program[*]Friends and Family program[*]Chrysler LLC Affiliate Rewards programs[*]Chrysler LLC Affinity programs[*]Automobility program[*]All other TDM programs[*]Chrysler LLC/Dealership Employee Bonus Cash programs[*]National and/or Regional Lease Rate programs[*]National and/or Regional Lease Loyalty programs[/ul]Incompatible programs:
[ul][*]National and/or Regional Consumer Cash Allowance programs[*]National and/or Regional APR programs[*]National and/or Regional Lease Cash programs[*]Compass/Patriot Retail Cash[/ul]

No, you just proved my point. say on a ram, the rebate, or lease/consumer cash is 5500. But if you take the gas program its only 3000. So its gonna cost you 2500 in rebates. You think you are going to save 2500 bucks in gas? Gas would have to be about 4.15 a gallon just to break even.

ON some it makes sense, like on the sebring/avenger. But on the vehicles that need it most, they have the most rebates on them.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:22 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

I dunno what you are talking about... http://www.chrysler.com/incentives/I...sController.do

They are actually pretty good incentives, we are planning on going up saturday to trade in our van, and on a new 08 we should be able to get about $7000 off of the sticker...
Better click on your own link because it says that page doesnt exist!

Yesterday when I went to the ChryslerFinancial link at the bottom of any of the websites and then clicked on incentives... it gave me nothing, in fact it said there were none, but today there are in fact some there. But all the same this gas card deal is totally bogus and deceptive to those that dont pay any attention to what kind of deal they are getting. Although there are those people out there that pay window sticker for their vehicles and simply just dont care.

**add

OK now I know that the incentives were not listed yesterday because yesterday I went to the build your own truck part and not only were there no incentives listed but the now 2.9% option wasnt there either... So today I build my same truck but in '08 form and basically I end up paying almost exactly the same payments as I have now for a newer truck when I only owe $4300 and exactly one year left of payments on mine with only 56,000 milesso there still is no reason for me to run out and buy a new RAM. If anything I am going to wait for the next Gen of RAM before I think about buying another.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:00 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.....

Dusty

Old 05-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Opens mouth, inserts foot [&o]

You guys are right. We leased a new 08 Caravan yesterday, and she said that we lose everything except employee discount, and she already figured up the numbers for us. It was either abut $1800 in gas, or $4750 in rebates. She told us the only time it is worth doing the refuel america is if you are BUYING, and especially if you are buying a new ram. Really sucks, because we were looking forward to that.

Oh well, according to my estimate (22 gallon tank, we drove 125 miles (HW), and used 1/8 of a tank, so 125/2.75=45mpg [&:])

Somthing isnt right, but thats what im getting, gonna have to redo it next fillup i guess[&:]

Old 05-12-2008, 02:39 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

It takes a while for the needle to fall from full, especially when it was topped off.

Quick Reply: Chrysler to guarantee gas at $2.99 a gallon! For three years!