Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Will Chrysler Honor our Lifetime Warranties when they go Bankrupt?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 04:04 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will Chrysler Honor our Lifetime Warranties when they go Bankrupt?

get rid of one or the other. maybe a nissan tranny (and everythign behind it) could actually make a hemi yield more than 50% of it's engine output to the wheels. and lose the mds.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:55 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

how is it not a true hemi? it has hemispherical heads. granted there are plenty of other engines that have had hemisphericals heads (including some 4cyl fords), but chrysler pretty much owns the hemi name, so why not sue it if it sells? with a little bit of porting this engine flows damn near as much air as a purpose built race motor (also contributing to the crappy fuel efficiency). and 300+ ft-lbs from 1200 to redline?! I say it's a hemi, the way a hemi was supposed to be.

Chrysler and mercedes split because it was a bad idea. it's hard to do work with company thats a few hundred miles away, never mind the other side of the world. Sure they saved money on reusing designs between the two, but i bet it cost them a whole lot just to keep operations going. splitting engineering of something between two locations is a nightmare, and leads to all sorts of quality issues. that and mercedes was having quality issues of its own, it couldn't support what it thought was a sinking ship. little did it know that chrysler is the comeback king among automotive companies.

Yes, too many 4x4s. Durango needs to go, or be less ugly and built on the grand cherokee platform. charger and/or magnum (IMO) need to go, what a disgrace to the name. i vote buh bye charger, keep the mag. chrysler town and country needs to go, barely sells, expensive to make.

i'll leave Titan alone, it doesn't have much of an impact on anything but i bet chrysler sells more of the little car that nissan makes for it than nissan does.
edit:
-damn
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/02/n...-titan-pickup/
-

and they sure as hell have to fix their dealer network, including parts and service. i've never heard so many bad stories abotu dealers being incompetent, theiving, uncooperative, or just plain old not caring. i'm sure not all of them are like that, but they sure do ahve a bad rap.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:55 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

gasp! in one try?! forum fixed?

Old 06-19-2008, 08:04 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Over in the rumors section, there is a thread about the Titan getting Ram parts. If I remember, the Titan is getting the Hemi, the hood, doors ,and the roof panels. Everything else is going to be designed by Nissan. The main reason that they are putting the Hemi in it is that it is about $2k cheaper than their 5.6L engine.

As far as the warranty, I wouldn't worry about. If they declare bankruptcy, then they will have to deal with a class action suit that would not follow under it from all the consumers.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:07 AM
socaliallstar82
Professional

Well dont quote me on it, but im almost certain that the power plants in the new titans will not be hemis. Which i think is good, or itd be retarded like the f150/Mark LT. Same truck different badges. Besides, Nissan makes a mean engine

Old 06-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Wapakfred
Rookie

My opinion: I think it will be very hard to predict what will happen to Chrysler, the CEO (Bob Nardelli) is a man who single handedly took a thriving company and almost ran it into the ground (Home Depot, and BTW he walked away with 100's of millions dollars for his incompetence). He has just as little knowledge about the vehicle industry as he did home improvement.....so I think it's wait and see. Did I mention, it's only my opinion.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:57 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Back to the original topic, If Chrysler goes under (which I highly doubt would happen), good luck on warranty issues.
Back when I was fishing bass tourney's, may last boat was a 19' Javelin with a 175 HP Evinrude "Ficht" engine. I got it on a deal where the 1 year warranty was extended to 3 years for free and then bought another 2 year warranty, giving me a total of 5 years, which was about how long I owned my previous two boats before trading in.
OMC went under about a year after I bought and the Evinrude division was purchased by Bombardier, who immediately announced that ALL warranties were null & void.
So based on this, if Chrysler ever were to go under, I'd say, Good Luck...

Old 06-19-2008, 12:05 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

xfreejay - i'm glad you pretty much understood me. i mean, the word "hemi" doesn't tralsate to anyone's head as what they are now. The word hemi usually stimulates thoughts of "old school carbureated gas guzzler". they outta call them like hemiv2's or something. mds = NOT a hemi. know what i mean? there's more to what the word represented back in the day than hemispherical heads. maybe back in 02 or 03 (whenever they didn't have mds), they were able to get away with it. i wonder if this will post?

Old 06-19-2008, 04:42 PM
socaliallstar82
Professional

geeze you have some ***** sayin that these guys with hemi all over there trucks dont have hemis in em. lol. here it comes.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Foiled
Veteran

ORIGINAL: L and R Two

Over in the rumors section, there is a thread about the Titan getting Ram parts. If I remember, the Titan is getting the Hemi, the hood, doors ,and the roof panels. Everything else is going to be designed by Nissan. The main reason that they are putting the Hemi in it is that it is about $2k cheaper than their 5.6L engine.

As far as the warranty, I wouldn't worry about. If they declare bankruptcy, then they will have to deal with a class action suit that would not follow under it from all the consumers.
If you sue a bankrupt company what do you expect to get? Class action suits are looking for cash or a service in return. If the company files bankruptcyand closes you will get no service or cash from them. And even if you did get a suit up and you won. If they don't pay what are you going to do. Sue them again?

Quick Reply: Will Chrysler Honor our Lifetime Warranties when they go Bankrupt?